Thanks, but I've been in touch with Technics, Panasonic, and their official service centre in my state, Technote, the WSA ezboard, macmusic, every WSA website. Still no dice.
And now thanks to my enthusiasm to try new things I've accidentally Sysexed from my computer to the synth and freaked out the synth: 3 out of 4 main banks display Piano as the only sound: and when I select that sound, it diverts me to the rom/ext bank. I was trying to sysex into cubase - which worked. Then I accidentally clicked my mouse button which was hovering over the play button while I was looking at the sysex list and wham! knocks out 80% of my synth. Tried resetting, the works. It's going back to the techs for a long time.
It probably won't undo cos I've got a problem that needs to be fixed with the memory anyway (it changes my sounds at random).
Just when I reckoned I'd figured it out too: the banks are in order with 128 numbered patches in them, so it's simply a matter of reading off the screen and entering them in the right order into OMS. GRRRRRRR!

Thanks anyway,

Ash.