SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#62852 - 03/04/04 01:19 AM Fill in sounding louder
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Hi,

The problem! I face is this. I have a composer part (variation) with in the backing strings playing chords volume about 40. When I have to use the fill in the strings play a melody. Then the strings have to be louder.
The problems is or the strings play ok in the fill in but to loud for the actual apc in the composer variation or the other way round.
How can I make different volumes.
What I'm now doing is the short (fill in) programing in a composer variation. and save that in a panel. But it cost me a variation and a pm.
rgds
Willem

#62853 - 03/04/04 03:40 AM Re: Fill in sounding louder
technicsplayer Offline

go to the composer menu, select the memory, select the variation, ok, select the part with the strings, press Part Setting, in the Balance column set a volume of -40 for example. Exit, exit, exit, select the fill number, ok, select the part with the strings, press Part Setting, in the Balance column set a volume of -15 for example. The relative volumes between these 2 parts will remain constant irrespective of the position of the Part Balance in the Mixer.

#62854 - 03/04/04 09:41 AM Re: Fill in sounding louder
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Ok Alec, what's the formula in figuring out the constant? I been experimenting using this method to set APC Part Balance, but never understood the formula or theory of the numbers. I'm at work and going from memory, I believe the closer to "0" the louder the sound balance. But not sure how these work in tandem with the other APC parts. Plus then there's the composer equalizer that can really change things too.

Anthony

#62855 - 03/04/04 10:47 PM Re: Fill in sounding louder
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Well I tried out some balance settings and a setting closer to "0" will have a louder sound. Ex: So if varition 1 part 1 is need of a softer guitar a setting of -40, and if it's fill-in 1 needs the guitar a little loader to focus on the guitar more, then a higher setting is needed, say a -10... Just depends on the balance the player wants. Got it!

One also has to take in consideration of the composer Equalizer, this too can have some interesting results... Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 03-04-2004).]

#62856 - 03/05/04 02:46 AM Re: Fill in sounding louder
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Thansk Alec my problem solved. Not one for an advanced programmer, but you have to know where to find it.
I also like to know what I'm doning and the purpose for that just like Anthony.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AnthonyCian:
[b]Well I tried out some balance settings and a setting closer to "0" will have a louder sound. Ex: So if varition 1 part 1 is need of a softer guitar a setting of -40, and if it's fill-in 1 needs the guitar a little loader to focus on the guitar more, then a higher setting is needed, say a -10...End Quote

Why not let the setting for the louder one 0

Qoute:
One also has to take in consideration of the composer Equalizer, this too can have some interesting results... AnthonyEnd Qoute.

Where can I find the composer equalizer? I know there is a screen with qualizer settings. But I don't know why to use it.

Maybe Alec can write a book, when he has the time, about the more in depth stuff. Like the sound edit possibilities and so on.
It will be one for a life time because there is no next KN.
rgds
Willem

[This message has been edited by waterschip (edited 03-05-2004).]

#62857 - 03/05/04 04:35 AM Re: Fill in sounding louder
technicsplayer Offline

this is just the internal balance of the composer which has 0 as the maximum sound and -127 as no sound. Those balances remain constant within that variation, fill, intro etc without affecting any other variation, fill, intro etc. They are then globally modified externally by the balance in the mixer/part setting but keep the relative internal balances.

In the same way page 2 has a parametric tone control for that individual part in that individual variation, fill, intro etc. That frequency balance remains constant relative to the other parts in that variation, fill, intro etc, and relative to the other variations, fills, intros etc. This is independent of the external mixer parametric tone control or total keyboard parametric equaliser which are all additive to those internal effects.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online