OR ANYONE ELSE ANYWHERE WHO WANTS TO.
WELL I AM WRITING THIS ARTICLE AS I HAVE
A PROBLEM WITH SD JUKEBOX VERSION 2.4.
I FIND IT VERY RESTRICTIVE AND HAVE LOST
QUITE A FEW RECORDED SONGS AFTER CHANGING
MY LAPTOP FOR A NEW ONE AND TRANSFERRING
THE SONGS TO IT.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT IT WILL NOT RECOGNISE
THE SONGS AND TELLS ME TO RERECORD THEM.
AS ANYONE CAN APPRECIATE, THIS IS VERY TIME
CONSUMING AND I CANT FIND A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM.
IF ANYBODY OUT THERE HAS HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND KNOWS ANYWAY AROUND IT, I WOULD
SURE LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
I HAVE HEARD THAT THERE IS AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE PROGRAM AND I CANNOT FIND OUT ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS AND DO YOU THINK THAT IT WOULD CURE THE PROBLEMS THAT I HAVE BEEN HAVING.
BY THE WAY, I PLAY A KN7000 KEYBOARD AND HAVE HAD IT FOR TWO YEARS APPROX.
I AM A SEMI PRO MUSICIAN AND AND I USE THE SONG FILES MOSTLY FOR BACKGROUND MUSIC AT A GIG ON BREAKS ETC.
I PLAY A WIDE VARIETY OF MUSIC INCLUDING BALLROOM DANCING, IRISH TRADITIONAL, COUNTRY, OLD AND MODERN POP ETC, AND HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO USE THE ODD MIDI FILE FOR THE MODERN STUFF.
IF ANYONE OBJECTS TO THIS, ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I HAVE BEEN PLAYING LIVE FOR THE LAST THIRTY YEARS BOTH PROFESSIONALLY AND SEMI PRO SO I THINK THAT I HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO MAKE THINGS EASIER AND ALSO TO AT LEAST TO COMPETE WITH SOME OF THE ONE AND TWO PIECE SO CALLED MUSICIANS WHO ARE VERY PREVALENT IN MY PART OF THE WORLD.
ANYWAY THAT IS ENOUGH FOR NOW AND I AWAIT EAGERLY FOR SOME KNOWLEDGEABLE MEMBER TO HELP ME OUT.

BYE FOR NOW. ROCKY.

#62689 - 08/15/05 08:49 AM Re: sd jukebox
jrw Offline

Loc: Salem, OR USA
Hi Rocky; I confused with your post. Are you saying you are trying to play the songs you recorded and put on a SD card with Jukebox 2.4 through your laptop? If so it will not work. As far as I know only the KN7000 will play the songs transfered to the SC Card (SD_AUDIO folder). Not knowing what your configeration of the laptop is....You would have to reinstall the jukebox program and the SD card reader that came with the program must be the next logical drive after the hard drive (c), CD drive, or DVD drive (d). In other words if you only have a hard drive (C) then the card reader must be drive D.
I have tried to copy the SD_AUDIO folder from one SD card to another and have had no luck. Using MS Explorer I go to SD_AUDIO folder and highlight it then copy and go to the drive where the SD card I want to copy to is and open the card and do a CTRL V. The caord now has the SD_AUDIO folder, but the keybord will not see it. Is this what happen to you? For those who wonder, in my computer drive F is the drive assigned to the reader that comes with the SZ-CB7 program and drive I is the drive for the SD card on the multi reader. Using Explorer I can copy/rename the SD-SOUND and PRIVATE folders and have them work in the KN7000. However this doesn't work with the SD_AUDIO folder.
There is an update Jukebox ver 2.6, but it will not work/update the version we use for the keyboard. Hope this helps. Dick

#62690 - 08/15/05 12:50 PM Re: sd jukebox
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Billy,

Im in Greenisland Carrickfergus,
email me at barrywoods@supanet.com
Ill give you a call or leave my number.
Cheers Barry

#62691 - 08/15/05 01:11 PM Re: sd jukebox
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Billy,
Just checked for you and sorry
you cant play your audio files on another
computer.
SD Jukebox uses a special encryption code
when storing audio on your hard drive.
So even if you move the hard drive into another computer it still wont work as the code uses the motherboard to work out the
encryption so sorry you will have to re-
record. Do you still have the computer you recorded them on,email me anyway would love
to get a close look at the KN7000.
Im using a Kn2600

Cheers Barry

#62692 - 08/16/05 01:04 PM Re: sd jukebox
billy neill Offline

Loc: belfast
Quote:
Originally posted by jrw:
Hi Rocky; I confused with your post. Are you saying you are trying to play the songs you recorded and put on a SD card with Jukebox 2.4 through your laptop? If so it will not work. As far as I know only the KN7000 will play the songs transfered to the SC Card (SD_AUDIO folder). Not knowing what your configeration of the laptop is....You would have to reinstall the jukebox program and the SD card reader that came with the program must be the next logical drive after the hard drive (c), CD drive, or DVD drive (d). In other words if you only have a hard drive (C) then the card reader must be drive D.
I have tried to copy the SD_AUDIO folder from one SD card to another and have had no luck. Using MS Explorer I go to SD_AUDIO folder and highlight it then copy and go to the drive where the SD card I want to copy to is and open the card and do a CTRL V. The caord now has the SD_AUDIO folder, but the keybord will not see it. Is this what happen to you? For those who wonder, in my computer drive F is the drive assigned to the reader that comes with the SZ-CB7 program and drive I is the drive for the SD card on the multi reader. Using Explorer I can copy/rename the SD-SOUND and PRIVATE folders and have them work in the KN7000. However this doesn't work with the SD_AUDIO folder.
There is an update Jukebox ver 2.6, but it will not work/update the version we use for the keyboard. Hope this helps. Dick

#62693 - 08/16/05 01:34 PM Re: sd jukebox
billy neill Offline

Loc: belfast
hello Dick,
i appreciate you replying so soon.
i originally copied the audio tracks from various cd,s and used the record feature on the sd jukebox screen.
i arranged them in various folders depending on the type of music so that i would be able to play various types of music at different venues.
i then used the checkout button on the sd jukebox to transfer the songs to the sd-card and everything went smoothly until i bought a new laptop.
after i had obtained a larger sd-card,
i thought that i could just checkout the songs to the new card and although they appeared on the keyboard screen, there
was no sound though they seemed to be playing according to the keyboard screen.
the program only allows files to be checked out three times so is bit of a hassle.
i have not tried making a copy yet from one sd card to another but i dont think that would work either as you have found a few limitations yourself.
i have tried different methods to transfer from one folder to another but with no success.
you will see another reply to my query so i think that answers the question but if you find another solution in the meantime, please let me know.

ROCKY.

#62694 - 08/17/05 10:59 AM Re: sd jukebox
jrw Offline

Loc: Salem, OR USA
Hi Rocky; I went throught the same problem as you when I changed to a larger SD card. My solution was to keep the smaller card for SD_AUDIO files. You can copy the SD_SOUND and PRIVATE folders between SD cards, or even hard drives, and have no problem. However, the SD_AUDIO folder is another question. Because of copyright restrictions I THINK you can only copy a song 3 times from the CD to the SD card, as I said I THINK. If you "check out" a track from the SD card to your PC than the program gives you credit. The only time I use the jukebox program is when I want to have audio (voice) that I can play through the KN7000. Is this what you are doing?
Assuming you are using the CD's to get "play along" music, without voice, for when you perform - and want to use the SD_AUDIO folder then you can find the same music in MIDI format and convert it to a WAV form with a program from www.midi2wav.com. Another program I use is a program from www.e-soft.co.uk. With these programs you are able to take most music files and , using jukebox 2.4, put them on a SD card(SD_AUDIO) that wiil play in the KN7000. For other than voice I see no reason to do this. Have fun, Dick

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online