SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#62463 - 01/14/04 07:44 AM EMID Withdrawal Clarification
Anonymous
Unregistered

TO all UK users who have posted comments relating to the withdrawal of the Electronic Musical Instruments Division, we wish to clarify the matter, as there are many incorrect and misleading statements registering on the site.

We also wish to dispel any fear of cessation of service. Technics guarantees remain unchanged, supply of parts will remain within the overall policy of Panasonic UK and in the medium term, we will continue to operate a consumer helpline.

We feel that we should also take this opportunity to thank all oweners for their custom and passion for Technics Musical Instruments and express our own sad sincerity that March 2005 will indeed be the final month of potential supply.

We need to state that no further correspondence will be issued on this matter on the site and hope that this will clarify the matter.

Official Dealer Announcement

To All Electronic Musical Instruments Dealer Principals

January 9th 2004

Dear Dealer

We regret to inform you that Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (“MEI”) has decided to withdraw from the Electronic Musical Instrument business and will cease the supply of Technics and Panasonic branded Keyboards and Digital Pianos worldwide.

MEI has been manufacturing Electronic Musical Instruments for many years, but, for some time now there has been a slowdown of this business on a global scale and consequent non-profitability. Given this situation and after extremely careful study and consideration, MEI has reached the decision to discontinue the manufacture and supply of these products.

Manufacture of current models will continue in Japan throughout 2004, however we request that UK retailers place remaining non-cancelable orders before the end of February 2004. After this date no further orders will be placed with our factory or accepted by the factory. Orders can be placed for supply up until March 2005.

We very much appreciate your commitment and efforts in selling our electronic musical instruments and hope that you will be able to continue to provide customers with support and repair services. We will do our best to provide assistance and work with you during this period and we will inform you in due course if there are any changes to current methods of service.

Once again, we wish to thank you for your business, and support.

#62464 - 01/14/04 08:01 AM Re: EMID Withdrawal Clarification
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Thank's a lot for the info.
Not less sad anyway .....
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#62465 - 01/14/04 10:16 AM Re: EMID Withdrawal Clarification
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
BYE BYE

#62466 - 01/14/04 11:51 AM Re: EMID Withdrawal Clarification
technicsplayer Offline

so if there is no stock there is only a few weeks to get an order in, after that no more orders, in the UK at any rate.

#62467 - 01/14/04 12:56 PM Re: EMID Withdrawal Clarification
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
I welcome this official clarification of the facts.

I have spent a small fortune over the last 20 years, initially Technics organs, one digital piano and latterly their various keyboards over the years but I have always willingly found the money to upgrade. They have enriched my life and I cannot put a price on the pleasure that they have given me.

My KN7 is now going to grow old with me

Joan

#62468 - 01/15/04 10:40 AM Re: EMID Withdrawal Clarification
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Joan:
My KN7 is now going to grow old with me
Joan

Hi Joan, then you have a long life ahead, as in twelve years, you'll just be hitting adolescence.

#62469 - 01/15/04 01:55 PM Re: EMID Withdrawal Clarification
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I have never been a Technics fan....but when one of the major players drops out of the keyboard industry, its sad and bad news. Every manufacturer needs strong competition to keep them on their toes and now we have one less.

Other manufactures take note of your pricing and most important customer support.

Graham UK.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online