SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#62055 - 02/17/03 02:56 AM two questions
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Hi,

I have two questions. A technical and a theoretical one.

I make (try) styles from midifiles. You always have to transpose to the key of Cmajor.
For major scales I have no problems but with minor scales I cann't figure it out.

an example.
The midifile is in f# minor. That means tree crosses. I know from the theory that the scale of A also have tree crosses. So what do I think I have to transpose to the key of Cmajor. From A to C = +3 semitones in the composer. But than the disappointment, it is not the key of Cmajor but C#minor what comes out.
To go from F#minor +6 semitones also not give me the Cmajor key.

So are there some folks out there who are making (composer)styles from midifiles and have solved this problem or know how to do this.

Second question.
I recently got a laptop with Windows95. I want to connect the laptop with my KN7000. On the disk there are drivers but only for Windows98 and up. So does anyone know, besides upgrade to windows98, if there is a driver for window95.
I have a driver but that was for the KN6000 and midicable but not for the usb port.

rgds.
Willem

#62056 - 02/17/03 05:42 AM Re: two questions
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi
I have the Technics Drivers Disk. I will be happy to send it to you if you email me.

Regards
Bernie

#62057 - 02/17/03 05:51 AM Re: two questions
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Willem
I just realized that I got this from Technics six months ago for connecting my old KN5000. I am not sure if the 7000 works with it.
Bernie

#62058 - 02/17/03 03:25 PM Re: two questions
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Windows 95 does not support USB - you need Windows 98 as a minimum. There was a W95 'upgrade' but I can't remember if that supported USB - maybe someone else can remember. Also, if your laptop originally came with 'W95' installed, I doubt if it will have a USB port.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#62059 - 02/18/03 01:33 AM Re: two questions
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Hi folks,

Thanks for the replies on the window95 issue.
Bill the laptop has a usb1 port. If windows95 support usb I don't know but it was just before the launch of windows98 that I bought the laptop. So maybe I still have to upgrade windows.

rgds.
Willem

#62060 - 02/18/03 02:24 AM Re: two questions
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Willem, Depending on the version of Windows95 installed on your laptop, it may be possible to use the USB port. If Windows 95 OEM Service Release version 2.1 or 2.5 is installed then USB support is present, although many problems have been reported. Have a look here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253756
for some more information and how to determine which version of W95 is installed. However, Microsoft do recommend that for USB support, the OS be upgraded to W98, or later. I use 98SE on all my PCs and find it a very stable operating system.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online