SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#61973 - 09/17/07 02:51 PM Music
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
My music holder is about shot. I read years ago about a heavy duty one made of clear plastic or acrylic.

Any ideas ?

Bernie

#61974 - 09/17/07 03:23 PM Re: Music
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Yeah, forget it! The one you are referring to is as flimsy as the one you have that is about shot. I have this better looking (that's about all I can say good about it) stand. It is way overpriced. It is basically the same stand with a smoke colored plastic sheet that fits over the wires of your present one. I have complained for years that Technics made these music racks too flimsy. Just imagine playing a gig and some drunk stumbles up to you, trips and grabs hold of your music stand to keep from falling. Well, you get the picture. It would rip right out of the slots in the back of the keyboard that hold the stand on. Goodbye keyboard case.

Scott

#61975 - 09/18/07 01:09 AM Re: Music
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
My music holder is about shot. I read years ago about a heavy duty one made of clear plastic or acrylic.

Any ideas ?

Bernie

Bernie, I made one with an aluminum rod, bent it to shape and cut to fit the ends where it enters the keyboard. Much stronger than the original.
The rest of the holder, the part that supports the music can made with plastic or wood. The difficult part is bending the rod – Your chance to make a work of art. (grin)

John C.

#61976 - 09/18/07 03:56 AM Re: Music
Bernie9 Offline

Thanks guys

So much for buying one. I could salvage the wire frame, but it is too wobbly. I think I will make a work of art(grin).

Bernie

#61977 - 09/18/07 06:34 AM Re: Music
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Being a home player my keyboard is located against a wall which supports the music stand. If I were traveling or did not have a wall for support I would look to the stand as place to support a music rack. Two right angle brackets fastened to the stand would give firm support to the music rack you purchase or build.

I need light for my music and could not find a light weight one that would fit the Technics music rack. I found one that works. The long 3/4" tube lights that are used for illuminating paintings, with an adapter I fashioned to attach to the stand.

Fran in SC

#61978 - 09/18/07 12:10 PM Re: Music
Bernie9 Offline

Fran
I see some wobble is from the legs of the rack shucking in the hole. I put a couple of wraps of electrical tape on them. This helps some. The rest is due to the movement of the plastic strip that receives the legs. I don't see an easy fix without defacing the keyboard.

Bernie

#61979 - 09/18/07 08:20 PM Re: Music
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
Fran
I see some wobble is from the legs of the rack shucking in the hole. I put a couple of wraps of electrical tape on them. This helps some. The rest is due to the movement of the plastic strip that receives the legs. I don't see an easy fix without defacing the keyboard.

Bernie

You can always buy an upright music stand and place it behind your keyboard – they are very strong.

John c.

#61980 - 09/19/07 04:30 AM Re: Music
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Right you are John. I have one that will hold a ton. I need the music closer to my eyes so I made an adapter to adjust the rack forward on its stand, using aluminum tubing.

Fran in SC

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online