SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#61564 - 03/15/06 07:30 PM kn6000 - HD - SX6 HELP NEEDED !!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Unfortunately I have misplaced the Hard Drive book ...
I am trying to set up a Custom Load Script (CLS) ... I have the write protect set to 'OFF' ... I get the songs I want into the CLS 'directory' and assign the AS/AL to each song ... I load the first and it automatically plays ... it then shows that it is loading the second song and after loading, the screen goes back to my 'home' page and the second song doesn't play ... I must be missing a step somewhere ... can ANYONE help, PLEASE ...
thnx,
t.

#61565 - 03/21/06 06:38 PM Re: kn6000 - HD - SX6 HELP NEEDED !!!
tony mads usa Offline

...bump...
t.

#61566 - 03/23/06 03:41 PM Re: kn6000 - HD - SX6 HELP NEEDED !!!
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Tony, you don't seem to be getting any help on this so I will try to add some info here for you.
CLS CUSTOM LOAD SCRIPT. NO extra charge for typos
This is your personal collection of shortcuts to diskfiles anywhere on the current partition. Thus if you have songs widely dispersed in d0zens of directories; you simply place them in order in a list appropriate to that play session. You can have many different lists for many different moods or occasions, without having to re-order or search your file system. These lists are totally independent of the actual location of the files, you can have diskfile 3,840 followed by diskfile 1 in the list, and they will both load at the same fast speed, one after another. Any requests while your prepared list is playing? - That's what the jukebox is for!
There are 120 lists for each partition, and each list contains a link for 32 files. Because thsese are stored on the hard disk, to program a list you need to turn WRITE PROTECT OFF in SETUP & TOOLS. Now an EDIT switch appears in the CLS SELECT screen. The 120 lists are shown just like Directoris, name your list with the EDIT switch, then SAVE the name. Then OK into the selected list, now you must program the files you want in the list. Press EDIT, and then SEARCH. You go to the DIRECTORY screen, choose your directory, enter it, and choose your file. The switch now says CLS lINK, press this and the shortcut to your selected file is placed in the position you selected in the list. Simply continue selecting a new position in the list, Searching, selecting a new file for shortcut and CLS LINKING to put it in the list. Now important, When you have finished press SAVE CLS, otherwise this list will be lost next time you switch on.
The other switches are used to alter existing lists when in EDIT mode. ERASE will delete a particular entry and also delete the position, moving all the links afterwards one position upwards. DEL will delete the entry, but leave the position blank, so you can put a new entry in this position. INSS will insert a blank position, ready to accept a new entry, and move all other entries downwards. Remember to SAVE CLS any changes.
Your welcome,
BEBOP

#61567 - 03/23/06 04:12 PM Re: kn6000 - HD - SX6 HELP NEEDED !!!
tony mads usa Offline

BeBop ... Thanks much ... I will give it a try ... the only thing I THINK I did differently was put the auto-start (AS) - auto-load (AL) code in after each song ... Is this NOT necessary?

Wishing you a quick recovery ...
t.

#61568 - 03/23/06 06:16 PM Re: kn6000 - HD - SX6 HELP NEEDED !!!
BEBOP Offline

The last functions here are AUTO START and AUTO LOAD. These parameters are available in the EDIT mode by selecting a file and marking it with the respective swwitch. AS or AL appears next to the file and you must SAVE CLS again not to loose your selections. A song file marked with AUTO START will start to play as soon as the load is completed., no need to press START at all. Similarly, a song marked with AUTO LOAD will automatically load the next song as soon as the song finishes. For these to work the song must have valid start and end commands in the sequencer.
If youi mark a series of songs both with the AUTO START and the AUTO LOAD markers a chain will be set up to play all the songs in the order they have been programmed in the custom list. If you want the songs in a different order, just do a different custom list in the new order.
Let me know if you nee more info,
BEBOP

#61569 - 03/24/06 05:17 AM Re: kn6000 - HD - SX6 HELP NEEDED !!!
tony mads usa Offline

"For these to work the song must have valid start and end commands in the sequencer."

.... thnx BeBop ... perhaps this is the problem ... I primarily want to use this feature for midi files to play while I am taking a break, (but of course would use it for 'dance sets' as well) ... maybe the 'start/end' commands ar missing from the midi files? ... how can I check this?
thnx,
t.
PS ... feeling better?

#61570 - 04/02/06 08:02 PM Re: kn6000 - HD - SX6 HELP NEEDED !!!
BEBOP Offline

I copied it from a binder that Walt Tenay sent me some years ago when I was considering buying this hard drive but never did. I had the hard drive in the KN3000 but not the KN6000.
BEBOP

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 04-24-2006).]

#61571 - 04/08/06 04:30 AM Re: kn6000 - HD - SX6 HELP NEEDED !!!
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
That was written by Alec Pagida?

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 04-24-2006).]

#61572 - 04/24/06 01:54 PM Re: kn6000 - HD - SX6 HELP NEEDED !!!
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Johnnie,

This forum posts has slowed down considerably and this could be part of the problem. There are times when I would like to make a negative comment about someones post but have restrained out of politeness.

Why not try and be positive with your comments?

Fran in SC

#61573 - 04/24/06 09:23 PM Re: kn6000 - HD - SX6 HELP NEEDED !!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
OK, if anyone wonders what happened here I have edited this thread back down to the points it was actually making without any negative overtone. That's all folks.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online