SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#61490 - 02/21/02 10:34 AM Song to style
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
I seem to remember reading somewhere of a method of extracting a style from a Technics song to use as a style.

Can anyone help this idiot to do this? (Explanation must be simple!!).

Peter

------------------
Peter

#61491 - 02/21/02 11:53 AM Re: Song to style
technicsplayer Offline

use composer / sequencer to composer copy. The measures need to be in C major - or a least a constant chord. The transpose box is to change whatever chord you are using to C major. Alternatively transpose the measures in the sequencer to C major first. A chord change within the measures is not allowed, except for intros and endings where you normally do not play chord changes.

#61492 - 02/21/02 12:03 PM Re: Song to style
Sissle Offline

Loc: USA - South Dakota
Hi Peter,
I am assuming that you are talking about a professional disk that has been purchased from Technics and each selection on the disk is an actual song played in its entirety. If so, it is very simple to eliminate the song and have only the rhythm, variations and instrument choices for you to use for other songs that you wish to play. Just follow these steps:

1. Insert disk into floppy drive.
2. Load the disk into your instrument.
3. Highlight the song that you want to
use. DO NOT PUSH THE LOAD BUTTON
YET.
4. Go to page 2 of the display. It is
titled "Load Option" screen
5. Change the "yes" to "no" behind the
Sequencer selection.
6. Push the Load button to load the
song.
You will now have just the rhythm, variations and instruments to use as you so desire. Hope this helps.

Carol

#61493 - 02/21/02 12:07 PM Re: Song to style
Sissle Offline

Loc: USA - South Dakota
Whoops! Technicsplayer beat me to the punch. We must have been typing at the same time! There, you have two answers, depending upon what you want to do!
Carol

#61494 - 02/21/02 03:40 PM Re: Song to style
Jazzplayer Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Sissle:
Whoops! Technicsplayer beat me to the punch. We must have been typing at the same time! There, you have two answers, depending upon what you want to do!
Carol

But I can understand yours Sissle

#61495 - 02/22/02 02:20 AM Re: Song to style
technicsplayer Offline

That's because Carol is talking about a retail disk that already contains composers. To use the composers you just switch off, or do not load the sequence part of the file, exactly as Carol describes.

Peter talked of extracting a style from a song. This implies having a multitrack sequence like a midi file only in technics format with no composers available.

In this case you can create composers from specified measures of the song by following the steps in my original answer.

#61496 - 02/22/02 10:35 AM Re: Song to style
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Gals and guys,

I knew I could rely on you all - your help much appreciated and I'm now off to have fun,

Peter

------------------
Peter

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online