SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#61272 - 08/20/03 12:01 AM Update problem
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
I downloaded the update from the Taiyo site and extracted to floppies. Before starting the update of my KN7 to 1.5 I did the disc check procedure. Disc 1 seems to be o.k because I got the message to change disc 2/2. After finishing the check of disc 2/2 the display gives the message "NG Disc" and there is no message for starting the update. Does this mean that disc 2/2 is not correct?
Does NG mean No Good?

Bert

#61273 - 08/20/03 07:42 AM Re: Update problem
Mike ORegan Offline

Try downloading the files again and preparing the disks. If it still doesn't work, email me direct and I will send you files which do work, plus full installation instructions (all of which have worked with no problem for others)
Mike O'R

#61274 - 08/21/03 12:38 AM Re: Update problem
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
Thanks for your offer, Mike. I downloaded the files again and updated succesfully. Probably a bad disk.
Bert

#61275 - 08/21/03 06:15 AM Re: Update problem
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
A suggestion:
The quality of floppy disks is pretty poor these days. You can get poorly formatted disks from any manufacturer.
The safe way is to reformat your disks on your PC before you use them, even if they are brand new. Don't do a quick format but a full format. The format program will tell you if there are any bad spots on the disk when you are through. IF THERE ARE, Throw that one away.
Do this also if you are using a disk that you used before -- they don't last very long anymore. A floppy can be very unreliable.
Taking the time to do this will avoid many problems.
Walt

#61276 - 08/21/03 01:25 PM Re: Update problem
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Walt ,
wise warning. I lost files on some of my old floppies while they were being stored. To find out what had gone wrong, I did a quick format, and the disks appeared to be ok. When I did a full format, I noticed the discrepancy between the no. of bytes the disk should have had, and the no. they actually had. There were quite a few bad spots, so I chucked them.

best wishes
Rikki

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Walt Meyer:

The safe way is to reformat your disks on your PC before you use them, even if they are brand new. Don't do a quick format but a full format. The format program will tell you if there are any bad spots on the disk when you are through.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online