SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#61214 - 02/14/05 04:33 AM SD Jukebox question for Alec
K1 & K2 Offline

Loc: Rockhampton, Queensland, Austr...
Hi Alec,
I have the Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing Kit, with the SD Jukebox installed on my computer. I have tried everything to get it to work but have had no success as yet. My problem is that every time i click the CD button an error message appears "Cannot access CD Rom Drive".
I've tried another CD drive with no success. Computer technicians have been able to get it to work in other computers but are baffled as to why it will not work in my computer.
I would appreciate any help and or suggestions that you may be able to offer.
Thanks,
Alan

#61215 - 02/14/05 12:41 PM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
technicsplayer Offline

Sorry, with no details I cannot say.

Possible reasons for a problem could be if using a windows upgrade from 98 or ME to XP, rather than a fresh install of XP for instance, dual boot or multi cpu systems, usb or firewire cd drives, or cd drive not capable of digital recording.

#61216 - 02/15/05 03:00 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
K1 & K2 Offline

Hi Alec,
My system consists of:- AMD Athlon 2600 XP Processor, Gigabyte K7 Triton Motherboard-GA-7N400 Pro2, nForce2 Chipset, 512mb PC3200 DDR SD Ram, Realtek AL650 integrated AC97 soundchip, Soundblaster Live soundcard, Windows XP Pro, Lite-On CD/DVD Rom, Lite-On CD/DVD Burner, 80gb 7200rpm Hard Drive.

The Windows XP Pro is a fresh install, the 2 internal CD/DVD drives are not usb or firewire units, it is a single boot & single CPU system,the CD/DVD drives are ticked for digital recording.

I have uninstalled & installed SD Jukebox numerous times using the original CD that came with the "SD Audio PC Writing Kit" together with the L35 v2.4 floppy disk with the same results every time. If the software was faulty why then does it work alright on some other computers but not mine, as i've only found one other computer that has the same problem as mine.

Looking forward to your reply.

Yours in Music
Alan

#61217 - 02/15/05 08:32 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
technicsplayer Offline

I'm afraid I have no Jukebox experience on lite-on drives, just used their known bit setting ability to provide maximum movie compatibility on set top players. The fact that both drives do not work on the same system is strange and may provide a clue, possibly pointing to a system or motherboard rather than drive issue.

I've installed Jukebox on 4 laptops, 2 Toshibas, a Vaio and a JVC and probably on over a dozen pc systems with no problems and only heard of one other drive issue but only at second hand.

#61218 - 02/15/05 09:24 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
Sapphire Offline

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Hi Alan & Alec

I can't throw any light on your problem Alan but I have 2 systems, 1 desktop and 1 laptop and Jukebox refuses to recognise any CD or DVD players/recorders on either setup.
So, if anyone out there can answer the problem then I will be very pleased as well.

Alan

[This message has been edited by Sapphire (edited 02-15-2005).]

#61219 - 02/15/05 09:45 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
technicsplayer Offline

only a few days ago I installed the latest Pioneer 109 16x dual layer all format recorder in an external firewire/usb2 box and that worked fine with Jukebox...

With your problems why not forget Jukebox for ripping and just try a good free ripper like audiograbber to get waves on the pc and then just import the waves into Jukebox for SD transfer?
http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

#61220 - 02/15/05 01:16 PM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
Sapphire Offline

Hi again to Alan & Alec

There is a lot of truth in the old saying "can't see the wood for the trees". I have solved the problem on both my setups and I'm fairly sure you will do the same Alan

TRY PUTTING A STANDARD MUSIC CD IN THE DRIVE FIRST

I spent some time looking for a difficult solution and never even looked for the obvious. Just goes to show, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Alan, let me know if it works in your case.

Alan

[This message has been edited by Sapphire (edited 02-15-2005).]

#61221 - 02/15/05 01:45 PM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sapphire:
TRY PUTTING A STANDARD MUSIC CD IN THE DRIVE FIRST

that "could" help to rip some audio...

#61222 - 02/15/05 01:47 PM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
Sapphire Offline

Ooooh! My brain hurts.

#61223 - 02/15/05 03:16 PM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alan,

I am far, far from knowing anything about computers. But it seems to me that the computer operating system works using association. Once a pattern is laid, it follows it.

Let's hear from the experts!

Fran in Florida

#61224 - 02/15/05 04:14 PM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
Once a pattern is laid, it follows it.

this is true, Jukebox should automatically recognise the main optical drive, and automatically set the correct conditions for it, but you have a choice of drive if multiple drives are connected in a drop down box, but it will revert to the other connected drive if the last one you chose is disconnected the next time you open the program. There are also some advanced settings to change if the rip exhibits corruption, but on most modern drives the auto set seems to work ok.

#61225 - 02/16/05 03:36 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
K1 & K2 Offline

Hi Alec, Sapphire, Fran,
Yes,audio CDs play ok using Windows Media Player but when i use the option of SD Jukebox the message "Could not access CD Rom drive" appears. My computer technician is suggesting, the fact that audio CDs play ok in my system, it points to a software problem. I then posed the question that if the software is faulty, why then does it work ok in most other computers.
I guess that i'll probably use "Audiograbber" or something similar as there doesn't appear to be a fix for my problem at present.
Thanking you all for your input.

Yours in music
Alan

#61226 - 02/16/05 04:16 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
technicsplayer Offline

you're welcome, at least with a program like audiograbber you can still transfer your audio cds to your sd card.

#61227 - 02/16/05 10:15 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
jrw Offline

Loc: Salem, OR USA
If I use "audiograbber" will I be able to make a CD and then put it on a SD card and play it in my KN7000? I tried using jukebox and all I had on the SD card was: SD_AUDIO folder with SD_AUDIO.plm file, but no SD_AUDIO.tkm file or aob00x.sal file. Reading the manual for jukebox I found that it will only convert files from a CD that has the "DISC" logo printed on it. Now my question; how can I put songs (from "home made") CD's on the SD card and have them play in the KN7000? Thanks

#61228 - 02/16/05 10:46 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
technicsplayer Offline

Jukebox can handle home made cds fine if they are made to red book cd audio specification. However if making cds on a pc, there is no point in ripping them into Jukebox from the cd. If you have recorded wave files to make the cd on a pc before erasing the wave files import them into jukebox direct under the Convert function, then checkout to SD.

#61229 - 02/18/05 01:01 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
K1 & K2 Offline

Hi Alec,
After reading through "Audiograbber" I then downloaded it to my floppy drive as suggested on their site only to find that it is 1.58mb, a touch too much for the 1.44mb floppy disk. I then put in another disk but nothing happened.
As i'm rather new to downloading & saving programmes / music / information, I would appreciate your help.

Yours in Music
Alan

#61230 - 02/18/05 04:21 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
technicsplayer Offline

don't download to a floppy, create a backup folder for programs on your pc and download to and install from there. Burn the backup folder of programs and important data to dvd or cd occasionally for safety too.

#61231 - 02/20/05 03:13 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
K1 & K2 Offline

Hi Alec,
Thanks again. Will do what you suggested.

Yours in Music,
Alan

#61232 - 02/20/05 01:50 PM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
jrw Offline

Loc: Salem, OR USA
is the size of the SD card limited in jukebox? I have tried to have jukebox copy files to my 1GB card and am told the card can't be found. Take it out and put in a 128KB card and everything works as it should. Tried to find a upgrade, but no luck. Anyone else having the same problem? Thanks, Dick

#61233 - 03/16/05 05:56 PM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm Having the same problem, I have a 256Mb SD card and can not read it from the SD-Jukebox, does anyone have a solution for this?
Thanks, Chesco

Quote:
Originally posted by jrw:
is the size of the SD card limited in jukebox? I have tried to have jukebox copy files to my 1GB card and am told the card can't be found. Take it out and put in a 128KB card and everything works as it should. Tried to find a upgrade, but no luck. Anyone else having the same problem? Thanks, Dick

#61234 - 03/17/05 02:04 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Re CD problems, what burning software do you use? were both CD players installed when you bought it? Walter

#61235 - 08/28/05 07:52 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
ivy Offline

Loc: hong kong
has anyone used the panasonic card w/r, the sd jukebox does not use any other non panasonic card r/w.

i use the panasonic sd & minisd card reader/writer.

#61236 - 08/28/05 07:54 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
ivy Offline

Loc: hong kong
I have 9 card reader, only the panasonic card reader is recognised

#61237 - 01/04/06 07:04 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
sturgeon Offline

I know this is an old thread, but was there an answer to jrw's question about SD card size and Jukebox?

I have just bought a 1gig SD card (the same make as a 512MB card I have that works perfectly) and Jukebox says "different file system, format the card" so I format the card via Jukebox and it says format the card etc.

I also have RealOne Jukebox installed and this will write to the 1 gig card with no problems BUT it will not create user playlists, so I have 150 audio files in one lump and no method of sorting them.

I am using SD Jukebox 4 with a Panasonic reader/writer and this is the first problem I have had. Can anyone shed some light upon it?

The keyboard (KN2600) can read the 1gig card perfectly.

Cheers,

s.

[This message has been edited by sturgeon (edited 01-04-2006).]

#61238 - 04/04/06 11:51 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey sturgeon,
I had the same problem with a 1gb card. It just wouldn't accept it.. seems to only take 512 or lower.

#61239 - 04/04/06 10:46 PM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
sturgeon Offline

Hi Rosie,

It seems that some 1gig SD cards will work, see the 1gig SD card survey thread below. Rog found one that works, although I wonder if all of the cards with that brand name are ok or Rog was just lucky!

We need more info.

Cheers,

s.

#61240 - 04/19/06 07:41 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know how I can get a hold of SD Jukebox v4? I have a new pc and have miss placed my software and need it to effective use my Panasonic SV-AS10 camera (for song play). Panasonic has been zero help....

#61241 - 02/22/07 04:08 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
Tony Rowberry Offline

Loc: Chelmsford Essex UK
Quote:
Originally posted by sturgeon:
I know this is an old thread, but was there an answer to jrw's question about SD card size and Jukebox?

I have just bought a 1gig SD card (the same make as a 512MB card I have that works perfectly) and Jukebox says "different file system, format the card" so I format the card via Jukebox and it says format the card etc.

I also have RealOne Jukebox installed and this will write to the 1 gig card with no problems BUT it will not create user playlists, so I have 150 audio files in one lump and no method of sorting them.

I am using SD Jukebox 4 with a Panasonic reader/writer and this is the first problem I have had. Can anyone shed some light upon it?

Cheers,

s.

#61242 - 02/22/07 04:13 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
Tony Rowberry Offline

Loc: Chelmsford Essex UK
Hi Sturgeon,

I have the same problem with some 1 Gb SD cards I have just bought.They are Kingston and I get the same messages also a fuji 256mB card comes up with corrupt error when trying to format.Is there a list of SD's that seem to work better as I have used panasonic in the past and Lexar but do not find them readily available on UK memory sites.

thanks Tony

Quote:
Originally posted by sturgeon:

Cheers,

s.

#61243 - 02/24/07 11:04 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
sturgeon Offline

Hi Tony,

Rog says that Sandisk 1gig cards work well and as I have just had an email from Amazon offering these from £4.45 each I may just have to find out for myself.

I read something that said 2gig cards will not work with Technics keyboards - I wonder if anyone has got one going.

Still love my KN2600 1 year on, and far prefer it to the Tyros 2 I have to use at work sometimes!

Cheers,

s.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online