SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#61214 - 02/14/05 04:33 AM SD Jukebox question for Alec
K1 & K2 Offline

Loc: Rockhampton, Queensland, Austr...
Hi Alec,
I have the Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing Kit, with the SD Jukebox installed on my computer. I have tried everything to get it to work but have had no success as yet. My problem is that every time i click the CD button an error message appears "Cannot access CD Rom Drive".
I've tried another CD drive with no success. Computer technicians have been able to get it to work in other computers but are baffled as to why it will not work in my computer.
I would appreciate any help and or suggestions that you may be able to offer.
Thanks,
Alan

#61215 - 02/14/05 12:41 PM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
technicsplayer Offline

Sorry, with no details I cannot say.

Possible reasons for a problem could be if using a windows upgrade from 98 or ME to XP, rather than a fresh install of XP for instance, dual boot or multi cpu systems, usb or firewire cd drives, or cd drive not capable of digital recording.

#61216 - 02/15/05 03:00 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
K1 & K2 Offline

Loc: Rockhampton, Queensland, Austr...
Hi Alec,
My system consists of:- AMD Athlon 2600 XP Processor, Gigabyte K7 Triton Motherboard-GA-7N400 Pro2, nForce2 Chipset, 512mb PC3200 DDR SD Ram, Realtek AL650 integrated AC97 soundchip, Soundblaster Live soundcard, Windows XP Pro, Lite-On CD/DVD Rom, Lite-On CD/DVD Burner, 80gb 7200rpm Hard Drive.

The Windows XP Pro is a fresh install, the 2 internal CD/DVD drives are not usb or firewire units, it is a single boot & single CPU system,the CD/DVD drives are ticked for digital recording.

I have uninstalled & installed SD Jukebox numerous times using the original CD that came with the "SD Audio PC Writing Kit" together with the L35 v2.4 floppy disk with the same results every time. If the software was faulty why then does it work alright on some other computers but not mine, as i've only found one other computer that has the same problem as mine.

Looking forward to your reply.

Yours in Music
Alan

#61217 - 02/15/05 08:32 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
technicsplayer Offline

I'm afraid I have no Jukebox experience on lite-on drives, just used their known bit setting ability to provide maximum movie compatibility on set top players. The fact that both drives do not work on the same system is strange and may provide a clue, possibly pointing to a system or motherboard rather than drive issue.

I've installed Jukebox on 4 laptops, 2 Toshibas, a Vaio and a JVC and probably on over a dozen pc systems with no problems and only heard of one other drive issue but only at second hand.

#61218 - 02/15/05 09:24 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
Sapphire Offline

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Hi Alan & Alec

I can't throw any light on your problem Alan but I have 2 systems, 1 desktop and 1 laptop and Jukebox refuses to recognise any CD or DVD players/recorders on either setup.
So, if anyone out there can answer the problem then I will be very pleased as well.

Alan

[This message has been edited by Sapphire (edited 02-15-2005).]

#61219 - 02/15/05 09:45 AM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
technicsplayer Offline

only a few days ago I installed the latest Pioneer 109 16x dual layer all format recorder in an external firewire/usb2 box and that worked fine with Jukebox...

With your problems why not forget Jukebox for ripping and just try a good free ripper like audiograbber to get waves on the pc and then just import the waves into Jukebox for SD transfer?
http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

#61220 - 02/15/05 01:16 PM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
Sapphire Offline

Hi again to Alan & Alec

There is a lot of truth in the old saying "can't see the wood for the trees". I have solved the problem on both my setups and I'm fairly sure you will do the same Alan

TRY PUTTING A STANDARD MUSIC CD IN THE DRIVE FIRST

I spent some time looking for a difficult solution and never even looked for the obvious. Just goes to show, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Alan, let me know if it works in your case.

Alan

[This message has been edited by Sapphire (edited 02-15-2005).]

#61221 - 02/15/05 01:45 PM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sapphire:
TRY PUTTING A STANDARD MUSIC CD IN THE DRIVE FIRST

that "could" help to rip some audio...

#61222 - 02/15/05 01:47 PM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
Sapphire Offline

Ooooh! My brain hurts.

#61223 - 02/15/05 03:16 PM Re: SD Jukebox question for Alec
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alan,

I am far, far from knowing anything about computers. But it seems to me that the computer operating system works using association. Once a pattern is laid, it follows it.

Let's hear from the experts!

Fran in Florida

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online