SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#60850 - 01/21/05 12:34 PM Solo Instrument Players
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I had posted this in another thread and then I was taken up on my invitation, by John North.
John sent me a solo piano arrangement he played of Take 5. It is good, I like it. I will be sending it out to our list members.
Nearly every day I turn everything off but the piano spread over all keys and just jam for half an hour or more. I don't want to loose my chops even at my age and become a button pusher. I have already been there and done that.
For many years many of us old timers with work stations only recorded one track at a time and we played every instrument.
I will even throw down an invitation to everyone here that is a musician and not just an arranger operator.
Lets record some PLAYED music and share it. I have sent mine out before and would be happy to do it again. How about you?
Please send me something you record on your keyboard using piano only, or any accoustic or electric lead instrument that you excell on. Those that are musicians can comp to your lead instrument playing.
How about it
Maybe Nigel and some of you good guitar players would lay down a track or two for us to build on, or back up
Anymore Takers?
My mail address is right up there at the top to the right of my nick in the tool bar. SEND ME SOME MAIL
Best to all
Bebop

#60851 - 01/26/05 07:12 PM Re: Solo Instrument Players
BEBOP Offline

well, after this post I got 3 songs on piano from musicians. Thanks to those that sent over a recording that I forwarded out to all the list members. I even got a thankyou from one person, Namely Larry Hawk. Thanks Larry, it is good to know there is one here
I had intended to do one also but I have either broke my right arm or pulled it apart. I am going to the hospital tomorrow to get it checked out.
Are there any more people here that can play a solo instrument and would send me a copy of their file to forwarrd.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
I will send out one as soon as I am able to play again
Bebop

#60852 - 01/27/05 06:25 AM Re: Solo Instrument Players
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
BeBop ... so sorry to hear about your injury ...
As I've said earlier, I would NEVER consider myself a soloist, but I look forward to hearing the work of the talented people on this board ...
Get well soon ....
t.

#60853 - 01/27/05 04:38 PM Re: Solo Instrument Players
BEBOP Offline

Thanks Tony and also the people that sent me emails.
The doc sez it is a soft tissue tear and not a broken arm. Will be ok in a few days.
It doesn't hurt as bad today as it did yesterday.
I went out and kicked that darn big recycle can that did the number on my arm and that made it feel better right then and there
Bebop

#60854 - 01/27/05 04:44 PM Re: Solo Instrument Players
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
So now you have a painful toe Bebop?

Aud (U.K.)

#60855 - 01/28/05 05:58 AM Re: Solo Instrument Players
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi BeBop,

Sorry to hear about your arm but glad it's not too serious. Hopefully you'll be back playing soon.

Thanks to doing the solo thing. Hopefully I'll have a song or two to send along. As a piano person I really like being able to put these songs in the drive and play them as if each of the artists were sitting there playing just for me.

Great Idea,

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

#60856 - 01/28/05 11:11 AM Re: Solo Instrument Players
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
So now you have a painful toe Bebop?

Aud (U.K.)

HEY AUD,
This morning I have a hurting big toe.
But.......maybe it is because it is pouring rain here in the Banana belt watering the Bananas
Bebop

#60857 - 01/28/05 11:13 AM Re: Solo Instrument Players
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by shcox:
Hi BeBop,

Sorry to hear about your arm but glad it's not too serious. Hopefully you'll be back playing soon.

Thanks to doing the solo thing. Hopefully I'll have a song or two to send along. As a piano person I really like being able to put these songs in the drive and play them as if each of the artists were sitting there playing just for me.

Great Idea,

HI HEATHER,
LQQKING forward to receiving your solo songs and sharing them with all our email list members.
Thanks for the sympathy
Bebop

#60858 - 01/30/05 12:49 PM Re: Solo Instrument Players
BEBOP Offline

HI ALL,
I have just emailed to all my list members my contribution to the solo instrument posts. I used piano on the KN7000 and mailed it out as both a KN7000 file for KN7, KN24, KN26 and as a midi file for everything else.
check your mail box. If you did not get it and want it email me and I will send it to you if you are a member of this forum.
NOW THEN, How about the rest of you sending in a solo instrument recording
Best to all
Bebop
PS I release the copyright to the public domain. When you get it it is yours. some have asked permission to use this recording in their band. I am honored.
PS2. IF you play the Technics sequencer file you will see the hundred different jazz chords I use but you won't see them in the midi file unless you have the software to do so.
Bb

------------------
BEBOP
Senior Member SYNTHZONE FORUMS Retired Moderator of Technics Forum
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online