Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

Have a a few questions on recording real audio through the Kn7000 line level and microhpone inputs. I was hoping to record live guitar and vocals while having the sequencer (technics file) firing along,for timing purposes ONLY, but ONLY record the line level signal or microphone through the software provided with the keyboard? I read the manual but did not see this as an option...

What I'm trying to do is have a specific real audio guitar part or live vocal part record in the middle of a sequence without recording the entire sequence (or re-record if I have mutiple live tracks I want to record)....if I just record the vocal or live instument solo, I have no way of lining the audio recording up to the sequence...I thought I can just record live audio and then line it up with the sequencer to start at measure 37 for an example...otherwise I would have to record 36 measures of "nothing" till I got to measure 37? I have read the extended manual and have worked with the example CD but am still confused with lining up real audio tracks to sequence tracks when you want to record somewhere other than the begining...Hopefully this makes sense and someone with more experience can help me out....THANKS

[This message has been edited by desertrain97 (edited 12-01-2003).]