SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#60435 - 12/24/02 01:04 PM JUST A THOUGHT
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
I was impressed with the Tyros, especially the song arranger, almost 2000 songs in a library, with thematic backings and appropriate right hands, and I wondered could this be done on the 7000 using the SD Card, I can’t see why not. If so, Technics are you listening!!! Walter.

#60436 - 12/27/02 02:06 PM Re: JUST A THOUGHT
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Does anybody have any views on this possibility, or is my left handrd scrawl unreadable? Walter.

#60437 - 12/27/02 10:55 PM Re: JUST A THOUGHT
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Walt,
Sorry, I just got my 7000 and the SD card is new to me. I'm still trying to figure out the basics like ....how to transfer songs from a disk to the SD card.
Do I have to save the songs to the 7000 first?
The 7000 is an awsome instrument, but like past Technics Operating Instructions, the 7000 is a bit hard to decipher.
I find the section on the SD Card particularly confusing, and rather vague. I know the SD card is capapble of many fuctions like playing MP3'S, Photo slide show,etc. At least for me, trying to follow the instructions is difficult.
Technics has added this fine feature to the 7000, and I'm sure once we become more familiar with the SD card and it's capabilities, it will be a fun asset.
However, being that the SD card is new to most of us, one would think that Technics would have done a better job on instructing us in an easier to understand language.
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60438 - 12/28/02 05:52 AM Re: JUST A THOUGHT
Lloyd Erickson Offline

Loc: Port Richey, Fl.
Your comments on the owners manual is multiplied ten fold ! It is hard for one to imagine that after coming out with the SD process they cannot write instructions that are more complete.
Technics people have written to Technics, complaining about the manual on the last three or four models.
Why they do not listen to loyal customers is beyond me and I assume all the other Technics owners.
I am glad to mentioned this problem and we must keep complaining until Technics wakes to the fact that they need to rewrite the manual for new customers as well as the old ones. Lloyd

#60439 - 12/28/02 06:12 AM Re: JUST A THOUGHT
TOMMAW Offline

Loc: HUNTINGTON,WV USA
LIHAWK...TO MOVE FROM DISK TO SD, FIRST SAVE TO KN, INSERT SD AND SAVE TO IT NAMING THE FILE THEN THE SONG.HAVE FUN

#60440 - 12/29/02 08:38 PM Re: JUST A THOUGHT
rmcouat Offline

Loc: Vancouver BC Canada
If you have your files on a floppy then I found the easiest way is to put both the floppy and the SD card in the KN7000 and bring up the SD menu (yellow button) and select SD Manager (top left). Then select Copy From Disk (middle left). This will list all the songs on the floppy. You can then select a folder number on the SD device and after OK it will copy all of the files on the floppy to the folder selected and name the songs in the folder of the SD card the same as the floppy file names.

Hoping maybe this will help someone - doing this one song at a time would be somewhat painful.

Ron

#60441 - 12/30/02 01:54 PM Re: JUST A THOUGHT
lahawk Offline

Perfect. That is the answer, I was looking for. We just have to make sure the songs on the disk are the ones we want to save to the SD Card. And of all the songs I have downloaded from friends of this forum, their will be very little, if any deleted.
Approximatly how many song files can be saved to the SD card ?
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60442 - 12/30/02 02:29 PM Re: JUST A THOUGHT
rmcouat Offline

Loc: Vancouver BC Canada
The manual seems to say 99 folders (01-99) with 20 songs in each (01-20) as the directory limitations for Technics files. I haven't done much with SMF files yet. The 8 Mbyte SD included should hold on the order of 160 songs. The average size of 20 songs is about 1 Mbyte from what I have been working with but possibly could be the size of a fill floppy 1.4 Mbytes. The device is becoming common place in some digital cameras and is available up to 512 Mbytes. For pure Technics format use you may not be able to use the card up before you run out of directories to put the data in, I would think anything over 128 MBytes would be a waste. The large format cards I would think are only fully utilized if you use SD Audio for playback of downloaded material much like a CD recording using the buttons to the left of the SD slot. in summary there are 3 kinds of music material you can place on these cards which are Technics format, SMF format (both digital instrument data e.g. MIDI) and audio tracks from other sources known as SD-Audio. Don't know much about SD-Audio yet.

Ron

#60443 - 12/31/02 03:22 PM Re: JUST A THOUGHT
lahawk Offline

I have found some info on how the SD Card can be used in conjunction with a home computer. It almost seems like a "must have".
I would like to buy this product here in the states. Anyone know where ?
This is from the German KN7000 Web Site http://216.239.35.120/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.taiyo.de/technics/cb7/main.htm
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online