Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#60431 - 04/03/03 03:23 AM alternative cardreader
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Hi,

at www.video-direct.com/panasonic/digitalmusicplayer/sv-sd50.html

scroll down to read the features.

I saw an alternative for the USB cardreader.
It's a digitalmusicplayer which can play the songs from your sdcards. It is included with an usb cardreader/writer and mediamanager version 3.0.and a 64mg sdcard.
the price is usd 134. So that is round the same price for the cardreader/writer technics is offering with the jukebox program.

rgds.
Willem

[This message has been edited by waterschip (edited 04-03-2003).]

[This message has been edited by waterschip (edited 04-03-2003).]

#60432 - 04/03/03 05:20 AM Re: alternative cardreader
Lanny Offline

Loc: Placitas, NM USA
Willem,

I have the MP3 player you referenced and it works like a charm. Although I do not yet have a KN7K, I have downloaded styles from the Technics website and transferred them to the SD card and then used them in my dealer's KN7K. I have also verified that the MP3 audio files play back through the keyboard.

I have been wondering if there are any functions that cannot be performed with this unit as opposed to the reader/writer kit with Jukebox sold separately by Technics. So far, I have found no limitations at all and think this MP3 player with its included USB reader is a good deal.

Lanny

#60433 - 04/03/03 12:06 PM Re: alternative cardreader
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Willem,
you wouldn't have the actual Juke Box software though, unless one can buy it seperately ?

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#60434 - 04/03/03 01:08 PM Re: alternative cardreader
technicsplayer Offline

you get a different version of the jukebox software with these players to be able to transfer audio to the sd card, since they are also supplied with a card reader to transfer audio, and I see no reason why the audio should then not work in the 7k because the mp3 player in the 7k must be based on a similar technology that is used in these players.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online