SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#60413 - 02/01/04 01:21 AM New Wersi Ikarus
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
For anyone wondering what keyboard to move on to eventually.

I've spent the last few weeks studying what's available out there.

I've looked at depth into Yamaha Roland, Korg and Gem. The one I was most taken by was the Korg PA1XPRO but I've discovered one drawback, after obtaining some demo recordings of Organ voices i've found them to be somewhat weak compared to the wondeful organ voices available on the KN7000.

I sent away last week for a demo video and CD of the new Wersi Ikarus Keyboard, i've downloaded brochures manuals and read a good many reviews of Wersi instruments. The price for the Wersi Ikarus is £3,450 UK pounds (not cheap) but the instrument is certainly ahead of it's time and in my opinion the Rolls Royce of keyboards

For anyone interested I've dragged one of the Big theatre organ tracks of the demo CD it's less than 1MB in size anyone wishing to hear the quality of the New Wersi Ikarus please email me at

peterloudon@wight365.net

Kind regards

Peter

#60414 - 02/01/04 04:08 AM Re: New Wersi Ikarus
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Nice job Peter, thanks for offering that service.

Not that I can afford it, but are there any Wersi dealers in the U.S.A. ?

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60415 - 02/01/04 10:10 AM Re: New Wersi Ikarus
Don Rehrer Offline

Loc: Meridian, Idaho
Look up www.wersimusic.com. They are located in Lancaster, PA. I did business with them for years. I understand they have become a smaller business now but are still there. Don

#60416 - 02/01/04 10:54 AM Re: New Wersi Ikarus
lahawk Offline

Don,

Thanks...do I have to speak Pennsylvania Dutch ?

------------------
Larry Hawk
Technics For All

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60417 - 02/01/04 11:02 AM Re: New Wersi Ikarus
lahawk Offline

The Wersi Abacus Duo Deluxe features a detachable upper keyboard that you can take out for gigs.

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_8143879//Yahoo!+Photo+Album/abacus-white4.jpg?grw0pHAB48gbsDuf[/img]

Cool Man

------------------
Larry Hawk
Technics For All

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60418 - 02/01/04 11:23 AM Re: New Wersi Ikarus
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thanks Larry, send me a white one
Bebop

#60419 - 02/01/04 01:26 PM Re: New Wersi Ikarus
Don Rehrer Offline

Loc: Meridian, Idaho
Not Penn Dutch, Larry. That is Amish country. Since they do not use power, they beat on the keys and hum real loud.

#60420 - 02/01/04 01:44 PM Re: New Wersi Ikarus
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Peter, you seem to be on the money. In choosing a keyboard I wanted something a cut above the ordinary run of the mill. With that as my goal I chose technics because they seemed to be a jump ahead of the rest in sound, sound reproduction and at the leading edge of technology and ease of use. Such things as sampling and vocalizer were not important to me. If they were important, I would rather buy a professional first class, made for the job, one, rather than a just an, OK, could just get by with, one. After all, what I present to the public reflects what I am, both quality of work and quality of equipment. Also where I play is also an indication of something or other. Bar’s and saloons vs. places that people can listen with clear minds and evaluate. Senior, rest and rehab homes, though a fair source of income, are not one of my favorite places to play. I realize they also are in need of a diversion in their limited way of life. Nevertheless I also believe when one takes on a job in that kind of venue they also should expect quality workmanship and the best equipment the entertainer can provide. Now that technics have chosen to discontinue production of their leading edge position in the field, I am very pleased that people like you Pete, have taken the initiative to resource the area of keyboard quality. I know that many players question why we, the people on this technics forum, are willing to pay more for our choice of keyboard. One consideration has to do with finances. At one time I was there. Not much money. Rather than put myself in great debt I bought what I could afford. Good wisdom and nothing wrong with that. Now that I can afford to play, enjoy and offer the public the best of the best I am glad to hear there is also a company endeavoring to produce a Rolls Royce type of keyboard. Gunnar, I guess I won’t be saving the money I thought. Also Ruthie might not be taking that trip to Hawaii or Italy that you suggested. So Peter, if you get a letter from Ruthie, don’t blame me. Blame Gunnar for putting that idea in Ruthie’s head.

Looks like old Doug is heading for trouble again.

P.S. Bebop, I like the white too! Let's not forget old Uncle Dave, I think we have found your new endeavor for testing and evaluating. The keyboard comes in a black metal-look or a Pearl-White finish also. Classy, don't you think?

#60421 - 02/01/04 09:17 PM Re: New Wersi Ikarus
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Douglas Dean:
....... also a company endeavoring to produce a Rolls Royce type of keyboard. Gunnar, I guess I won’t be saving the money I thought. Also Ruthie might not be taking that trip to Hawaii or Italy that you suggested. So Peter, if you get a letter from Ruthie, don’t blame me. Blame Gunnar for putting that idea in Ruthie’s head...

The Wersi consept are real good if you ask me. Long time ago I posted a reply
about what I would like to find on a new keyboard. The way Wersi does it, build
a keyboard that last, and just make it totally new by further developed sofware
by use of a CD.
Just like when you upgrade your computer, this are the nearest I've seen it the
way I would like it to be so far.
Also you can start out at minimum regarding hardware (so it don't kill your bank-
account or household-budget) and then put in the stuff you'll like to have in it
later on.
I know about a former Technics and Yamaha user who really love his new Abacus,
but you probably have to learn to love how it sounds as well, all demos I've
heard 'till now really sound "Wersi", you recognize it once you hear it.

OOppss.... so Ruthie did notice my comment about Hawaii....
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 02-02-2004).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#60422 - 02/02/04 06:13 AM Re: New Wersi Ikarus
lahawk Offline

Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe many Amish speak German?

And there are also many from the Lancaster, Pa. area who speak Pennsylvania Dutch. I'm not how that language came about, but I have a feeling some members on this forums would understand their language.
Maybe Cees, Gunner?

Doug, better stick to the black color, white is hard to clean, and I know Ruthie leaves that job to you. (After you make the beds, run the sweeper, wash the dishes, and put out the trash) Did I forget a chore?

------------------
Larry Hawk
Technics For All

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60423 - 02/03/04 12:44 PM Re: New Wersi Ikarus
lahawk Offline

More info and MP3'S: http://www.xstence.com

------------------
Larry Hawk