SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#59785 - 01/10/05 01:27 PM Problem with EA5 organ
Ann in New Zealand Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I have a friend who has an EA5 organ which was dropped when being shifted. I hope I can explain the problem she is having so it makes sense to someone who can help. For the organ sounds, sounds on left screen - Standard tab, theatre tabs, US trad. tabs - don't change sounds. There is no change in sound on Right between jazz drawbars and standard drawbars, but sounds do change between left and right. However, when she puts in a disk the sounds change. Its just the original settings on the organ that do not seem to be working. She has had a serviceman look at it, but said all he did was put in a disk and say it was working fine. He could not seem to understand that it was the original organ settings that will not work properly. As she can find no one else to look at it, I suggested I post her query here and maybe someone might have a suggestion she could try. Any help you can offer would be very much appreciated.

#59786 - 01/10/05 02:08 PM Re: Problem with EA5 organ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ann,

I owned a EA-5 for a good many years. There is a hard inilialize by pressing a combination of keys. There is also a diagnostic test by pressing a combination. I do not remember the combinations but I am sure someone will. Strange that the repair man did not try this. It was the first thing they did when a friend had a problem with his EA. This could bring the organ back to factory settings.

Is your friend aware...it can be taken apart (2 pieces) with a couple of screws for easy transport.

Fran in Florida

Fran in Florida

#59787 - 01/20/05 08:31 PM Re: Problem with EA5 organ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ann in New Zealand:
I have a friend who has an EA5 organ which was dropped when being shifted. I hope I can explain the problem she is having so it makes sense to someone who can help. For the organ sounds, sounds on left screen - Standard tab, theatre tabs, US trad. tabs - don't change sounds. There is no change in sound on Right between jazz drawbars and standard drawbars, but sounds do change between left and right. However, when she puts in a disk the sounds change. Its just the original settings on the organ that do not seem to be working. She has had a serviceman look at it, but said all he did was put in a disk and say it was working fine. He could not seem to understand that it was the original organ settings that will not work properly. As she can find no one else to look at it, I suggested I post her query here and maybe someone might have a suggestion she could try. Any help you can offer would be very much appreciated.

To reset factory defaults. look on the lower
right side of the organ ... just above the
sequecer buttons is a button labeled
"mem&ctrl. press button. you will see another menu. select "initial" ,ok ,
select "total organ" ,ok.."are you
sure? Y/N

this resets to factory default.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online