SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#59782 - 06/22/05 06:30 AM memory voices and pop expansion board
ashboe Offline

Loc: Lancashire, UK
When I got the kn7000, it had voices in the memory section of the keyboard, these included a jazz piano with double bass and snare drum along with sounds like lyrical soprano sax and other sounds I have since found out were on the pop production expansion board. My question is two fold...
1) how did sounds from an expansion board get into the memory (are they commonly available as voice files for download)
2) where do I get that jazz sound described above?

sean

#59783 - 06/22/05 07:29 AM Re: memory voices and pop expansion board
technicsplayer Offline

if memorised from expansion board the sound memory uses samples from the hardware expansion board. If the board is no longer present nearest samples from the inbuilt preset library will be substituted. These may differ substantially from the intended sound since were not tweaked with those particular samples (if any suitable are even present). So without the board in situ you cannot get the exact sounds. With the board installed all sounds are accessed from the EW Expansion button in the sound group.

#59784 - 06/22/05 08:42 AM Re: memory voices and pop expansion board
ashboe Offline

Loc: Lancashire, UK
thanks...that is beginning to make sense. So whoever had it first sampled voices into the memory section. I was thinking it was a mistake buying the boards if the sounds were available on the net!!!
seran

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online