SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#59757 - 01/05/05 05:04 AM Hammond XE1
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Does anyone happen to have or know anything about the Hammond XE1

Does this instrument have a Good selection of Theatre Organ sounds and Tibias etc. Is it portable, and if so does anyone know the weight? Does anyone also know where I might be able to download the manual.

Many thanks for any help / advice

Kind regards to all

Peter Loudon

#59758 - 01/05/05 06:25 AM Re: Hammond XE1
N9FAL Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Hi,

I had a chance to fiddle with one on 2 different occaisions.
It has, of course, the traditional Hammond/Drawbar configuation with a good leslie simulation. The other non-organ sounds were less than "state of the art" IMHO. The styles were OK, not great. A good choice though, if you wanted a portable Hammond w/styles. It is heavy for a portable, about 75 lbs.
I decided to go with the PA 50 instead, to compliment my KN7000.

Mark

#59759 - 01/05/05 11:52 AM Re: Hammond XE1
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Peter,

Having also had the opportunity to play one of these occasionally I agree with Mark. The XE1 is good at what Hammond do best. It can produce great traditional Hammond sounds. The physical drawbars provide for easy on the fly adjustments and the "waterfall" keys make for easy gliss movements.
The other instrumental sounds are well below the standard of many other recent keyboards including the KN7000 and the Tyros (IMHO). Similarly for styles.
It is heavy for a portable although not if you compare it with the original B3.
When combined with a decent amp and speakers I am more than happy with the organ sounds that can be produced on my KN7000.

Cheers
Len C.

#59760 - 01/05/05 11:18 PM Re: Hammond XE1
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Many thanks for the helpful comments and advice with regard the Hammond XE1, much appreciated.

Kind regards

Peter

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online