SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#5984 - 05/02/02 08:38 AM Re: Let's pretend to be The Who!
tekminus Offline

I've got my eyes on YOU, Spacehead, and wearing thongs!

#5985 - 05/02/02 05:27 PM Re: Let's pretend to be The Who!
Spacehead Offline

Loc: Pa. USA
Thongsss?!!! Where the hell is security!!!

------------------
"Big bottoms, big bottoms, talk about mudflaps my girls gottem'" -Spinal Tap-

#5986 - 05/02/02 10:06 PM Re: Let's pretend to be The Who!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:

Charlie Watts? Somebody turned this little party into the Stones and didn't tell me?

Whoops ! You caught me snoozing. See how memorable rock drummers are?

#5987 - 05/03/02 04:59 AM Re: Let's pretend to be The Who!
OldSchool Offline

Loc: Lexington, KY USA
Ya'know, I always wanted to be a rock drummer - they always look like they're having so much fun there, and, in fact, they have the ability to throw everybody else into the toilet!

I saw Cream back in 196-something, and they were all wasted. If Clapton wandered off and wierded out improvising, the song just got strange. If Ginger Baker did the same, it stopped. That's why drum machines took over - egotistical guitar players were tired of drummers runnin' the show!

Of course, Charlie Watts didn't happen to be one of those powerful drummers, but Keith Moon, now THERE's a story!

#5988 - 05/03/02 08:41 AM Re: Let's pretend to be The Who!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I agree .... Charlie was so UNDERwhelming. Most High School bands had a drummer that could wipe him up. The Stones were just a "garage band" anyway. It was all about energy and presentation with them. There was never any real musicianship to get excited about. The writing was the key .... they sure did crank out the catchy "hooks".
Satisfaction, Jumping Jack Flash ..... those licks will live forever.

My hat goes off to any one who can keep a band together that long. It's harder than a marriage.

#5989 - 05/03/02 11:30 AM Re: Let's pretend to be The Who!
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Yeah, but we're The Who, and I for one have no doubt that we could beat those pesky Stones at a tag team wrestling match ANY DAY!

#5990 - 05/03/02 12:06 PM Re: Let's pretend to be The Who!
Soft Machine Offline

yeah...
Well in that case I'm The "SMALL FACES" all by myself and i'd gladly take on the both of ya

#5991 - 05/03/02 01:16 PM Re: Let's pretend to be The Who!
Maximo Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Due to the release of David Bowie new single "Slow Burn" which features Pete Townsend at the guitar, I'll go for him as my choise of Who member. I like to be alive and productive. BTW it's a good single, a little too pop-ish for Bowie, but I can live with that!

Cheers,
Maximo

#5992 - 05/03/02 01:29 PM Re: Let's pretend to be The Who!
DavidBright Offline

Loc: Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
uh...excuse me, I'm not dead. I've simply changed my identity.

Keith Moon

#5993 - 05/03/02 05:14 PM Re: Let's pretend to be The Who!
OldSchool Offline

Loc: Lexington, KY USA
Dave:
The Stones were definitely "Hooks R Us" - I hated them for it. I still can hear that opening guitar lick to "Satin Shoes" - something desperately simple that I never tired of.

Soft Machine:
I vaguely remember "Small Faces" - that was Rod Stewart and Ron Wood, wasn't it? Can't remember anything they did . . .

[Old School sneaks out to have a listen at Bowie's latest . . . ]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online