SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#59530 - 01/09/05 11:49 PM Re: I Have not heard this one before
Khai Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
Dear TechnicsPlayer,
I stand corrected about attributing a quote to the wrong person. I should have written as follows: . . . debunking the restrictive context of [Bill Norrie's] statement that "the Technics keyboards appear to a computer like an External disc drive". My apology.

Yes, Tony W, TechnicsPlayer is really Mr Alec Pagida, unless I got that wrong too.

#59531 - 01/10/05 12:37 AM Re: I Have not heard this one before
Khai Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
Dear TechnicsPlayer,

Please by all means check my writings for accuracy without feeling any need to accuse or dismiss the other of lying and of putting words in other's month. I would like to think that people who contribute their time and effort here are basically decent, irrespective of their ranks, credentials and knowledge. Many disagreements are simply the results of misinterpretations or misunderstandings.

My earlier statement(s) that I agreed with you are by default and by my own admission, not by your persuasion or erudition. Furthermore, I could not immediately forclose Phil Lynch's cursory story without further verification or knowing the story in more detail. I have neither claimed nor wanted to discuss that MIDI data going through USB terminal(s) has any relevance "towards explaining whether a usb floppy will work plugged into the back of the KN7000/2600", and I have not disputed the question that you "answered correctly in the first place". I have already stated emphatically that I have never objected in the first place to a plain fact/explanation that TechnicsPlayer pointed out in answering someone else's question. More to the point, that particular fact/explanation is so plain that for TechnicsPlayer to think that I could even object to it with any impunity in the first place is puzzling.

Khai

[This message has been edited by Khai (edited 01-10-2005).]

#59532 - 01/10/05 01:38 AM Re: I Have not heard this one before
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Khai:
Yes, Tony W, TechnicsPlayer is really Mr Alec Pagida, unless I got that wrong too.

No on the contrary it looks like you may have got at least one thing right
out of all the instruments in your profile what one do you actually own ??

is the reason for your multiple posts trying to get up to speed to become a full member ???

#59533 - 01/10/05 04:39 AM Re: I Have not heard this one before
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Khai:
[B] Many disagreements are simply the results of misinterpretations or misunderstandings.
B]

I agree, the misinterpretation is attributing quotes I did not make. However although Bill's quote you highlighted is not strictly correct in a pedantic sense of terms of a usb mass storage device coming up in My Computer, the spirit and conclusion of Bill's post is correct from the point of view of answering the original question. Your reply to Bill about usb flash devices and usb2 connections was just irrelevant to the question.

Throughout this thread I stuck to the query whereas you kept talking about other non-related functions that had no bearing towards answering the enquiry at all.

The misunderstanding thus is why the thread had to go on so long and waste everybody's time for such a simple conclusion that was settled in the first half dozen posts.

The mystery is why advice needed to be offered to read the manual in reply to a correct answer which you now claim to have agreed with all along. But I think the real story has become clear by now.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online