SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#59319 - 08/17/03 09:10 AM I JUST GOTTA SAY
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I have my own view point (opinion)about keyboards and how to work with them.
I DO KNOW that everyone uses this tool to fit their needs and personality.

I have owned every KN technisc keyboard since the Kn1000.

When I get my new keyboard my main thought is to enjoy and play/create music. I concentrate on the few areas that will allow me to do that. It may be weeks or months until I get to a lot of the other features. I have my new KN7000 since December of 2002, I still have not used many of the features it offers,but those that I do know--I know well.

Here is where I need other people's imput.

Why are some of the players involved in so many advanced features, like downloads, up-grades, and hundreds of files when they have not learned the basics in their instrument to create music? Music can be so beautiful when you keep it simple. And in that you will find a great deal of growth in the way your music sounds.

I am not putting anyone down, I just looking to understand. Amen!

John C.

#59320 - 08/17/03 10:55 AM Re: I JUST GOTTA SAY
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Well, we're all differnent with different needs and aspirations. For myself, I just want to make music and have no time or inclination for the high tec areas. I used to play piano - not very well - but the simple act of pressing the keys, playing chords and so forth and producing musical sounds was satisfying enough. With the introduction of keyboards, I was able to play with a rhythm backing and with a choice of instruments which have improved out of all recognition in realism over the past ten years or so, and with the realistic sounds and backings from styles make me sound almost professional compared with my piano playing days.
I enjoy listening to the really professional output from those who sequence (programme) their songs and envy their talent, altho' I have neither the interest (being profoundly ignorant of such tehnical matters) or the time to try and learn. I equally enjoy listening to all the easy recorded songs from Cees and Bebop and these have the advantage of providing edited registration (which I'm also useless at doing) and more rarely different rhythm styles both of which I can, and do, use. Thus I'm heavily into downloading all these songs. And here I sould say a hearty thank you to all those that I forget to send a thank you mail!

Also, where available, of downloading additional styles, mainly jazz/swing and bossa for my Kn7000. Can't get enough of different variations of these. Pity that Technics seemed to have dropped doing style disks for these rhythms. As for downloading upgrades, I only really look out for these if they are going to improve the action of the keyboard. These were really needed for the KN6000, but the 7000 seems well anough without them, so far.
I thoroughly agree that much time should be spent on thoroughly familiararising oneself with the playing aspects of the keyboard and in this respect it would be helpful if Technics would cover this as well as Alec did in his manual. It was purely by accident that I discovered that with some styles, playing a minor chord before hitting the intro/ ending buttons provided a new variation of the intro/endings.

Don't know if this helps to understand John, but there it is. A purely personal view.

Peter

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online