SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#59294 - 09/27/03 11:31 AM Saving performance pads
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello again, Forum Friends!

I don't remember whether this was answered before (there is always so much great data on this Forum, I can't keep it all straight!!!), but I will ask it (perhaps again) anyway. When downloading KN7000 songs from other players, there are often Performance Pads in the User section that I would like to keep for future use. However, once I turn off the keyboard, those User pads are gone. and then each time I must reload them again to use them. Is there any way to transfer those desired Performance Pads permanently to the User pad section in my keyboard, so that I can pull them up whenever I want them simply by pushing the PP Bank button, just like I can use all the standard pads?

Second question: is there any way two recorded songs can be blended together into one file to be saved to disk? That is, if I record, for example, one section that goes into the Panel memory, can I record another section without removing the first from the PM to combine the two into one memory to be saved on disk? (Hope this makes sense.)

Thanks for any information and happy autumn to you all!

Ted

#59295 - 09/27/03 12:30 PM Re: Saving performance pads
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ted, To save the performance pads, just clear all other options and choose the 'Performance Pad' option only in the dialog on Page 2 of the SAVE function - SD or Floppy. To use them again, just load them back from SD or Disc.
Not quite sure what you mean in your second question.....

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#59296 - 09/27/03 03:10 PM Re: Saving performance pads
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Ted,
IF I interpret your question right, maybe you mean the follow?
1. You can record, save and load a maximum of 10 songs in 1 file
2. Simply use e.g. Easy Record and choose and name song 1, song 2 etc.
3. Each song can be set, like a regular Easy Recorded song. save it in between, after recording each song...
4. When you have recorded more (max. 10 songs) you can save this song as 1 file with a particular name. When loading this file you load all the songs again you saved.
Hope this is what you meant, otherwise I am quit sure you will reply
Cees

Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Rose:
Hello again, Forum Friends!

Second question: is there any way two recorded songs can be blended together into one file to be saved to disk? That is, if I record, for example, one section that goes into the Panel memory, can I record another section without removing the first from the PM to combine the two into one memory to be saved on disk? (Hope this makes sense.)

Thanks for any information and happy autumn to you all!

Ted

#59297 - 09/27/03 04:03 PM Re: Saving performance pads
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
Hi Ted,

As Bill Norrie said just save a user performace pad when saving the file.

I set up a folder on my SD card of nothing but user performace pads. When I am ready to record and want a certain pad I just load it in and it is ready to go.

Performace Pads are just that. They do enhance your performace.

Alex

#59298 - 09/27/03 07:34 PM Re: Saving performance pads
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Rose:

...However, once I turn off the keyboard, those User pads are gone. and then each time I must reload them again to use them. Is there any way to transfer those desired Performance Pads permanently to the User pad section in my keyboard, so that I can pull them up whenever I want them simply by pushing the PP Bank button, just like I can use all the standard pads?

Ted

Sorry but were stuck with the default user settings each time the unit turned on. You have to reload the Pads if you don't want the default.

I have the same situation with the Reverb setting. I hate the default setting of Concert 1 and Total Depth of 80 each time I turn on the unit. Wish I could control this setting more easily.

Anthony

#59299 - 09/28/03 03:11 AM Re: Saving performance pads
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Anthony, the way I get around that, is to use the CUSTOM PANEL function Just set up your KN7000 the way you want it to be, including Reverb settings, then press SET and CUSTOM PANEL together. When you next switch on, after the KN has initialised, just press CUSTOM PANEL and your setting will return. Single button set-up

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 09-28-2003).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#59300 - 09/28/03 04:56 AM Re: Saving performance pads
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello again, all my Forum Friends!

I knew I could count on you for the answer(s) to my latest "dilemma" with the 7000! And, of course, I was right!! I want publicly to thank all of you who have taken the time to answer my queries in this (and most certainly) in other former threads I have posted. I will be trying out all of your suggestions, and I'm certain they will work as you describe. Thanks so much, all of you, for your help and happy playing!!!

Hugs to you all (yeah, guys and gals alike!! ) from

Ted

#59301 - 09/28/03 11:14 AM Re: Saving performance pads
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi Bill:

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately I have a PR804 which doesn't have that feature. To me, it looks like the PR804 has 70% of the KN6500 features and guessing about 30% of the KN7000 features.

Anthony

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online