SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#5924 - 03/22/05 06:28 PM advice on how to proceed....
Timo1 Offline

Loc: USA
ok maybe you guys could help me out.. I play for a church that does alot of different songs weekly but in time also repeats the same ones... right now im using a wk1800 (altho I have a jv 10/10 sm just sitting around) to save my instrument settings drum etc.. in registration banks.. which I use in live performances... problem is I basically every week have to try to remember my settings or make new ones up..id like 2 things

one is to store on some media the settings tone/tempo drum settigs permanatly by name or hymn # which I could call up and have ready to go instantly..

then id like some way to I guess make a playlist and by the name or # of the song be able to click on a pedal or mouse click to move from song to song settings in a live performance...kinda of like a power point..

not sure if laptop/ is the best way to go or if they have some stand alone device that would do this??

P,S. also looking for some new sounds not sure if soft synths etc would work into this or not....

hehe sorry so long any help or ideas appreicated!

#5925 - 04/01/05 09:51 AM Re: advice on how to proceed....
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Confused. Couldn't you just make a sequence of each song. Put all the settings at the beginning of the sequence. Then each time you load the sequence your settings come up. Does the WK have a sequencer?

#5926 - 04/02/05 02:27 AM Re: advice on how to proceed....
Timo1 Offline

Loc: USA
yah actually it does but it just holds 2 songs at a time... actually the problem is I broke my floppy disk which would have saved all the banks (16) at one time... found out $70 for a replacement floppy from casio parts... saw a used wk1800 whole keyboard for $120 so.... im still debating.. saw a demo for exr7 which looked pretty nice.. im kinda all over the place at this point but hehe hopefully reading and asking question at this great site will help me sort it out.. I

thanks for reply!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online