SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58662 - 02/25/02 03:28 PM Thank You All
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I wish to say a BIG THANK YOU to all the members who requested a copy of my Sequences. The response was truly overwhelming and the kind comments from all of you are really appreciated.
I regard it as a privilege to be able to allow others to listen to my work, through the facility of this great forum.
Due to the encouragement which I have received from many of you, I hope to do a 'Songs 4 U Vol.2' in the near future.
Thank you all once again - you have made February 2002 a very special month for me

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#58663 - 02/25/02 04:00 PM Re: Thank You All
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Thank You Bill, for letting us hear them!!! Walter.

[This message has been edited by Walter McLaren (edited 02-25-2002).]

#58664 - 02/25/02 04:52 PM Re: Thank You All
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Bill, MANY thanks for taking the time to convert your songs to MP3 format so we can ALL hear them.

I definitely can tell you come from a background as a drummer as evidenced by your great sense of timing & rythmic feel. I particularly enjoyed your solos. Very nice melodic variations. 'Nightingale in Berkeley Square' is a favorite of mine especially because I live in the 'town' of Berkeley (abeit California, USA) . Very nice rendition.

I only have one constructive comment to make: I noticed that the 'melodic phrasing' in your horn/wind instrument solo parts did not take into account what a live horn player needs to do: Breathe!

Though I enjoyed your instrumental solos a lot, many of the phrases seemed to go on into the next one etc etc. Without wanting to appear critical, I might suggest (to better emulate how a wind instrument player would need the time to take a breath between phrases), that you end a phrase, taking your hands off the keyboard and/or foot off the damper pedal before beginning the next phrase.

Bill, your music is perfect for that intimate romantic 'after hours' evening. BRAVO. Hope to hear more from you.

- Scott

#58665 - 02/25/02 04:53 PM Re: Thank You All
kbdguyTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Bill,

Just got your songs over the weekend. Thanks for the fast response. The songs were very listenable and well done. Thanks so much. I like them so much that I shared a copy with the owner of the store where I purchased my 6500. Looking forward to also attending a concert at the store this Wed. by Dom Chichetti, a Technics kbd. pro. He will be playing the 6500 and PR1000. Should be awesome.
Tim

#58666 - 02/25/02 05:05 PM Re: Thank You All
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Tim: Dom is an excellent Technics keyboard artist. I saw him perform at NAMM (along with Chris Halon) last year.I know you'll really enjoy his performance. Perhaps you can get him to spill a few beans about the upcoming KN7000, though I'm sure he's swore to secrecy and will probably have to remain tight lipped. - Scott

#58667 - 02/26/02 10:49 AM Re: Thank You All
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Scott,

I think Bill has discovered the art of breathing in thru his nose while blowing that horn !!!

Peter

#58668 - 02/26/02 10:55 AM Re: Thank You All
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
.... hey, if kenny g can learn circular breathing, why not a drummer/keyboardist ?!?
t.

#58669 - 02/26/02 03:19 PM Re: Thank You All
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hey Guys - I play by ear so that's what I breath through !
Seriously though, Scott has a very good point and it is one which I have advocated in the past - 'If you are playing Sax - Think Sax!' I just got carried away and forgot about it! (Must try Harder!!)
Thanks for your comments Scott - really appreciated.

Bye for now.....

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online