SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58229 - 08/15/02 06:18 PM Midi Song File
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
I have a midi file of a song done in piano. The left hand and right hand is on one track and there is no other tracks. Is there a way for me to copy this into a technic's format and then separte the left from the right so I can use the left hand background for a pad in the performance pads or has a style background? If so, how would I split the two up?

#58230 - 08/16/02 01:05 AM Re: Midi Song File
technicsplayer Offline

easy in a pc sequencer but also possible on the KN.

copy the track to 2 tracks. Make 2 piano sound edits at the split, one with right hand silent, one with left hand silent. Assign each sound to each track... one left hand track, one right hand track.

to make a pad or style track, load into sequencer and simply erase the right hand notes for the required number of measures, then copy to pad or composer.

#58231 - 08/16/02 06:55 AM Re: Midi Song File
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
easy in a pc sequencer but also possible on the KN.

copy the track to 2 tracks. Make 2 piano sound edits at the split, one with right hand silent, one with left hand silent. Assign each sound to each track... one left hand track, one right hand track.

to make a pad or style track, load into sequencer and simply erase the right hand notes for the required number of measures, then copy to pad or composer.

When you say to erase the right hand notes for the required number of measures, are you talking about the area that I think I've seen called note edit?

#58232 - 08/16/02 07:04 AM Re: Midi Song File
technicsplayer Offline

that's it, easy to see on the piano roll display, and easy enough to scroll through deleting as you go.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online