SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58062 - 02/18/02 03:24 AM Logic Audio Environment
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
If anyone is looking for a logic Audio environment., there is an extensive tutorial on it on www.beatzworking.net/ maybe its what you want. Cheers. Jean.

#58063 - 02/18/02 02:23 PM Re: Logic Audio Environment
Mike Harrison Offline

Loc: Oxford U.K.
Hi Jean
Thanks for the beatzworking site,I am hopeing to try out cakewalk soon and I just love to read anything in that direction.
putting into practice seems to be a nightmare for me, I have to keep reading things over & over again to take it all in, I get there in the end most times, more stress still its fun I suppose,thanks again.
Mike

#58064 - 02/18/02 03:07 PM Re: Logic Audio Environment
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Jean,

Great to hear you mention Logic Audio on thsi forum. I've been a LONG time HUGE fan of Logic Audio on the Mac. Unfortunately I was never ever able to find a pre-made Logic Environment Instrument for the Technics KN5000 or any other arranger keyboards for that matter. I just recently switched to Cakewalk Sonar on the PC because Cakewalk supports instrument definitions for 'all' my midi arranger keyboards including the Technics KN5000, saving me the frustrating time of having to write a custom Logic Environment myself.

I'm really glad now that I finally moved my music sequencer production software from Logic to Cakewalk Sonar. Life is certainly a lot easier and more compatiable with many more forum members now.

Still, Logic Audio is a powerfully fantastic program, but somehow it has not caught on as well (at least here in the US) as Cakewalk & Cubase have. With Cakewalk Sonar though, running Windows XP, I think it goes head to head with Logic (just my opionion of course). It is ROCK solid . . . hasn't crashed yet.

Also, thanks for the great link to the beatzworking site.

- Scott
http://scottyee.com

#58065 - 02/18/02 11:55 PM Re: Logic Audio Environment
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Hi Scott. I'm glad the site was useful. I've played around a bit with Logic Audio Platinum and learnt a little at the local Tafe College last year but only scratched the surface.I guess the school set up my "environment" on my disc as we did not learn anything about it, but dealt mainly with the various windows and putting in music and printing it out-All very useful but basic.I want to understand it fully and I'm sure I'm on the right track now. Good Luck. Jean.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online