SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58049 - 07/02/02 04:15 PM Sound Memory (RAM 40)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Calling the Pros.

I am trying to make a Sound Memory (RAM 40) of my and others edited sounds. (Several disks with one or more sounds combined into a single file.)
Could not find the answer in Alec's book and the only thing I see on the 6000 is "load single sound", but I do not understan that.
Help.

Fran in Florida

#58050 - 07/02/02 04:59 PM Re: Sound Memory (RAM 40)
Derek Ladkin Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
H

Hi Fran,
Don't profess to be a pro but hope this will help. Expect Alec can put you right if I'm wrong.
The edited sounds from the Disks will be in the SOUND MEMORY file on the disk you want to extract from.
I assume you are on page 3 of LOAD and heading shows SINGLE LOAD. Second Heading will show PANEL MEMORY. Press MODE button and Second heading will change to SOUND MEMORY.
In the lefthand FROM box it will show the edited sound No1 in the Sound Memory of the disk in your drive. If you press the button under Memory you can scroll through the 20 sounds in the Sound Memory of the disk in your drive to select the one you want.
In the righthand box TO: it will show the sound currently saved in your keyboards Sound memory. By pressing LOAD, the edited sound in the FROM box will overwrite the sound you have in your keyboard Memory.
By using the memory buttons you can pick out any sounds you want individually from the disk and put them in any of the 20 locations in your keyboards memory one by one.
YOu can then insert another disk and pick out the sounds you want and save them individually to yout K/Bs Sound Memory until you have filled it. You can then put in your own disk and save the Sound memory to that and you have them all.
Does that make sense or am I barking up the wrong tree ?
Best of luck,
Derek

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
Calling the Pros.

I am trying to make a Sound Memory (RAM 40) of my and others edited sounds. (Several disks with one or more sounds combined into a single file.)
Could not find the answer in Alec's book and the only thing I see on the 6000 is "load single sound", but I do not understan that.
Help.

Fran in Florida

#58051 - 07/03/02 01:17 AM Re: Sound Memory (RAM 40)
technicsplayer Offline

Derek, my friend, hits the nail squarely and accurately on the head... see the top of page 32.

#58052 - 07/03/02 10:58 AM Re: Sound Memory (RAM 40)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dereck,

Thanks much.

Alec,

On 32 I saw Pad Loads and did not read. When I first received your manual I read it thru, but trying to remember things you do not do every day at my age.....

Thanks again to both of you and the Forum.

Fran in Florida

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online