SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58025 - 08/09/02 05:26 PM JUNIOR MEMBER ????
Stewart G Offline

Loc: Wilkes-Barre, PA
When I read my post I had to smile at the description "Junior Member" added to my name.At 53 years old 6'tall and 340 pounds it's GREAT to be called a "JUNIOR" anything!

While we're at it Why complain about 3 or 4 thousand for a keyboard. I played professionally and owned organs that sold for tens of thousands none of which could come close to the capabilities of even a KN 2000. I just waited till I thought the KN series progressed enough to warrant replacing my 2000.

Although I have gotten away from doing a lot of it, I still play professionally and will be happy to help out others here when I am able. Thanks for allowing me to come aboard
Stu

#58026 - 08/09/02 06:00 PM Re: JUNIOR MEMBER ????
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Welcome aboard, Stu. People who know their way around a keyboard and are willing to share knowledge are always in demand here. So much to learn in one short lifetime, and so few to teach. Good to see a new member offering help right away.

#58027 - 08/09/02 09:04 PM Re: JUNIOR MEMBER ????
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Welcome to the Forum, Stewart G! The reason you are a "Junior" member is because you are a NEW member. Once you have posted a number of messages (I believe it is 30 or so), you will automatically become a "Member". We will be looking forward to your sharing your expertise in both music and keyboards and I'm sure you will be a Member in no time at all! I hope you will find this Forum to be both informative and fun and we (I at least) look forward to your "words of wisdom" in the days ahead. For your information, I am a KN 6500 player (amateur at best), excited about the new 7000 but not sure I am ready to move up yet until all the verdicts are in concerning the new keyboard. Do keep in touch with the board and again a hearty WELCOME!

Ted Rose

#58028 - 08/09/02 10:34 PM Re: JUNIOR MEMBER ????
Stewart G Offline

Loc: Wilkes-Barre, PA
Well... Thanks for the kind words guys.. It shouldn't take me long to gain member status here in as much as I can't get a word in edgwise around the house. I was lucky to kave a dealer frined for years so my stuff never cost nearly as much as most paid for it.. If the 7000 turns out nearly as well as they say it will I'll get one when the fervor dies down. I did some demos as a favor on the new Lowery organs for a local dealer and I found out he can get the KN keyboards also.. SOoo looks like payback time for him... Like I said, What's wrong with playing my 5000 for a while longer it still amazes people.. add the digitec vocalist to it and 4 audiopro elete speakers and about 800 watts a chanel and it's like having your own band actually a LOT louder
The truth is the only reason I play is to be able to croon... I'm really a Lounge Lizzard... and I only do that anymore when I'm not out singing lead in with Barbershop Quartet... This sunday is cool though doing both the quartet thing and the one man band thing at the same party.. Just having a hard time keeping those cymbals strapped to me knees as I'm getting older ..
As you can see don't count on me for a lot more than comic releif in here

I do however have a few really neat composer patterns that came from the guys at Technics.. I few of them made it into the later keyboards but I have the ones that didn't also keyboards.. If anyone is interested... If you like Spike Jones there's a great one..

Thanks again for the hospitality

Stu

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online