SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#5791 - 10/15/03 10:46 AM ARP Synthesizer regognition
Anonymous
Unregistered

For those of you who don't know I started my own website on the ARP Omni synthesizer. Mainly since there is really no information anywhere on it apart from reviews and pictures on it, on a few websites. Actually the Omni 2 gets more attention then the omni 1. I am trying to rectify that problem.

Also I noticed there are not too many ARP related websites out there either. Though I have found a few. I can't even find any MP3s of solo performances of the Omni or any other ARP synths. I did manage to find an MP3 of a recording of an Omni Demnonstration from an orginal ARP OMNI Flexi Disk.

Oh and Nigel I noticed you don't have a catagory on this BBS on ARP synthesizers. I was just courious as why you don't have one, thoguh I am sure you have your reasons. Or is there just not enough intrest in ARP synthesizers not to have a catagory? I am not asking for one I was just making an obsevation.

Okay I now it may seem odd for someone like myself to have a web site on an almost 30 year old synth. But then this was the frist vinatge analog synth I ever bought. It just seems to me that a lot of other synths like; Moog and a few others get more regogniton then ARP. But don't ARP Synths deserve the same regogniton?

Okay! I have finished ranting.

Stop bye and check out my website on the OMNI if you have a chance.
http://arp-omni.tripod.com

#5792 - 10/15/03 08:30 PM Re: ARP Synthesizer regognition
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Paul61, thanks for letting us know about your website. I have added it to the ARP listing at http://www.synthzone.com/arp.htm

#5793 - 10/15/03 09:35 PM Re: ARP Synthesizer regognition
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Thanks Nigel! I really appreciate it very much. I just felt that the omni deserves some recognition.

Paul

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online