SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#57747 - 10/03/03 03:15 PM SD-Card AUDIO
John Barr Offline

Loc: Colchester,Essex,England
I have put 31 Tunes (Audio) onto a spare 128MB SD-Card, what I would like to do is, change the tune titles, not all of them but just a few, is this possible, if so, could someone please tell me how, thanks guys.
Johnny B.

#57748 - 10/03/03 03:25 PM Re: SD-Card AUDIO
technicsplayer Offline

click List and left click the name you want to change in Jukebox. Best to check in, change the name, then check out again to prevent future problems.

#57749 - 10/05/03 09:21 AM Re: SD-Card AUDIO
John Barr Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
click List and left click the name you want to change in Jukebox. Best to check in, change the name, then check out again to prevent future problems.

Thanks Alex it works just fine only one other question, is there any way to arrange the titles in the order I would like on the SD-Card, or will I have to get another program, also once on the card I would like to print out a list of the tunes, I hope all this is not too much to ask. JohnnyB.

#57750 - 10/05/03 11:52 AM Re: SD-Card AUDIO
technicsplayer Offline

that's even easier. In the list just drag the songs up and down to the order you want them to play. Only the default playlist cannot be re-ordered, that remains the order the songs were copied over. Just create a new playlist by naming it in the 'list to be created' field and copy some or all the songs from the default into it in whatever order you like. You can make 99 different playlists with 99 different orders of songs for each card, and the beauty is that you will have used up no more space on the sd card

#57751 - 10/06/03 03:45 AM Re: SD-Card AUDIO
John Barr Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
that's even easier. In the list just drag the songs up and down to the order you want them to play. Only the default playlist cannot be re-ordered, that remains the order the songs were copied over. Just create a new playlist by naming it in the 'list to be created' field and copy some or all the songs from the default into it in whatever order you like. You can make 99 different playlists with 99 different orders of songs for each card, and the beauty is that you will have used up no more space on the sd card
great Alex, you sure are a big help, the only thing left for me to do is, to be able to print out a list of the tunes I have on the card, I tried using "THKMCS" 7000 SD-Card tool Ver. 1.0.90 but it does'nt recognise Audio, does this mean I will have to get some form of Techmanager or Music Database, I'm sorry to be such a nusance.
JohnnyB.

#57752 - 10/06/03 04:25 AM Re: SD-Card AUDIO
technicsplayer Offline

it would be easy enough to make a print function for audio titles, but at the moment you would have to copy and paste from a copy of the sd_audio.tkm index file (in order not to corrupt the original) or copy and paste from the naming field whilst highlighted, or use one of the free screen capture programs like screen hunter or screen rip as an aid memoir.

#57753 - 10/06/03 01:01 PM Re: SD-Card AUDIO
jrw Offline

Loc: Salem, OR USA
Are you comfortable using DOS commands? If you are all you need is a SD card reader to make any changes you desire. For example (drive) dir/s >prn will print out all the files on that drive/disk in order starting with a.to your printer.

[This message has been edited by jrw (edited 10-06-2003).]

#57754 - 10/06/03 02:06 PM Re: SD-Card AUDIO
technicsplayer Offline

not so simple, I'm afraid, won't help with any audio song names or playlists.

#57755 - 10/06/03 03:42 PM Re: SD-Card AUDIO
jrw Offline

Loc: Salem, OR USA
Not so simple? We are talking about file names are we not? 31 "tunes" equals a group of .act, .pmt, .sqt, .lsw and could be more files for the "tunes". My orginal premise was " are you comfortable with DOS commands"? Try *.act, for KN-7000 "song" files. Again you have to be comfortable with the DOS commands and know what you are doing.

[This message has been edited by jrw (edited 10-06-2003).]

#57756 - 10/06/03 05:23 PM Re: SD-Card AUDIO
technicsplayer Offline

the whole point is we're not talking about filenames. Listing filenames in dos will not tell you anything about audio song titles or playlists, which have nothing to do with technics filenames. So no amount of knowledge of dos commands will be of any use to John since any audio filenames identifing song titles are not there to be listed in the first place. For that you open the file I mentioned in notepad.

In fact listing filenames in dos won't tell you anything about technics song names either because as soon as you save a song on the 7000 the filename you would list out becomes a numerical reference of the type 01001kn7.* etc which does not give a clue as to the song or style name. It would only work for floppies you have copied to the sd card where you would have the original 6 character names, which are lost as soon as you resave, and are non-existent for any original work you save on sd 7000

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online