Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#57494 - 09/12/04 03:47 AM Re: Stops
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Rick,

What I mean is, most songs have a break in them somewhere but every rhythm in my KN2600 and variations just continue thru the bar,
if you hit the stop key naturally it stops.
But it sounds like someones pulled the plug out.I hoped maybe someone had discovered a way to manually do it,other wise I will have to use composer to create a stop fill but that would be in every rhythm I use.

Hope this isnt confusing

Cheers Bazz

#57495 - 09/12/04 12:53 PM Re: Stops
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Bazz, If I understand correctly what you wish to do, it's fairly easy
While you are playing, hit the 'Synchro' button to light the LED above it. Then when you wish to make a short 'Stop', hit the 'Start/Stop' button, the rhythm will stop and will auto start when you next play a chord with your left hand. You can therefore make the break as long or as short as you wish
I have been using this method for some time and it is very effective.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#57496 - 09/13/04 03:10 PM Re: Stops
Merrill Ainsworth Offline

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Rikki, Buzz and Bill---

Thanks for the question and great answer!

I too have needed this capability, and completely overlooked the obvious, until Bill pointed it out.

Friends in need!

Merrill

#57497 - 09/13/04 05:47 PM Re: Stops
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Merrill,
whenever someone has a problem, it's worth asking the question, someone may just have the answer for you ( haahaa).

Good that Bill was able to help you too.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#57498 - 09/13/04 07:38 PM Re: Stops
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
What Bill suggested will obviously work, but wouldn't it be nice (and easier?) if there was a style (or even a pad) that did this? Stop time is a common pattern often used in jazz or blues, so it's kind of surprising to me that there is no style available that has this at least as a variation.... as I am also surprised that there is no jazz style with a 'double time' variation... ...
t.

#57499 - 09/13/04 09:19 PM Re: Stops
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tony,
showing my ignorance here, I don't think i quite understand what a "stop time" pattern is/or should be, and how stop time is actually used.
The 4 variation composers automatically keep looping ( so could they work? ), not sure whether the fill 1 & 2 composers could be used.
The pads would only give you 2 instruments and normally they're played in sync with one of the variations.

Just wondering if there are any styles with a stop time pattern that I could try.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#57500 - 09/14/04 06:05 AM Re: Stops
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Rikki - I'll email you an example of a 'Stop Time' or 'Stop Chorus' as it's sometimes called I assume your email address has not changed........

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#57501 - 09/14/04 06:18 AM Re: Stops
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Rikki ... "Stop time", as I learned the phrase, is used at some point in a tune to feature on of the instruments, or vocal ... In the most simple style, all of the instrumentalists would hit the appropriate chord on the 1 beat of the measure and then stop while the soloist played for the rest of the measure ... this would be repeated for as many measures as desired .... in a I- IV- I- V- I- blues tune (depending upon the chord pattern) it is often played for the I chord and the soloist plays the "fill" part until the IV chord, when the whole group plays again ...
Another simple example might be the bridge to "Route 66" where the whole group would hit the chord on the lyrics in caps, while the vocalist would sing the remaining lyrics with no accompaniment....
"you can GO to st. louis, JOPlin missouri, OKlahoma city is mighty pretty ... etc.
I don't know if that clears it up any for you, it's kind of difficult for me to explain verbally ... Perhaps some of the more accomplished musicians can help with an explanation ...
t.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online