SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#57372 - 08/12/02 10:54 AM Say a liitle prayer......
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Having just read through Alec's review of the KN7000 in the Techplus mag I think we should all say a little prayer for him 'cos I think he is gonna be swamped out with questions. Lots of good things in the report but a few which are a bit offputting for me.

Peter

#57373 - 08/12/02 11:11 AM Re: Say a liitle prayer......
ogre Offline

I must be getting old - forgot to post the questions.

1.Quote " you don't need to plug headphones in to switch off the speakers. A monitor setting switches off the speakers and headphones." Does this mean headphones have to be plugged into the line out at the back of the keyboard for external monitoring - with a suitable adaptor, which is a bit of a pain.

2.In APC "Fingered" appears to enable 2 note counter melodies to be played in the left hand without changing chords. OK, and nice, but I like to modify a held down chord by just changing one note e.g. a C to C7. Very nice when say strings are used Is this still possible?

3. It seems that the keyboard and computer have to be side by side to take fulladvantage of digital networking e.g. downloading styles from internet and then transferring them to the KN7000 SD flash card through the software supplied for the computer, ready to load into the keyboard.
My PC and keyboard live in separate rooms and no way can the twain meet...
That'll do for now!

Peter

#57374 - 08/12/02 01:40 PM Re: Say a liitle prayer......
technicsplayer Offline

1 - no problem, 2 - no problem, 3 - no problem downloading, problem direct digital recording without a connection

#57375 - 08/12/02 02:19 PM Re: Say a liitle prayer......
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Peter, I haven't had my copy of Techplus yet so I'm talking from memory here (not always totally reliable )
With reference to your point 1. I've had a look at the photographs which I have of the KN7000 and although there is not a headphone socket clearly visible on the left front, as on the KN6000, there seems to be a dark coloured 'bump' under the left side, which probably has the headphone socket fitted. I can't really see Technics putting this connector on the rear of the keyboard, or not making it directly compatible with headphone level.
Point 2. I can't comment, but maybe this facility can be turned on or off, if not required.
Point 3. The KN7000 comes complete with a lead and SD card adapter so you can download from PC to the card and then take the card, with the new data, to the KN7000. As Alec says, transferring data directly from KN7000 to PC to burn a CD, for instance, is a bit more difficult if the KN7000 and PC are separated by quite some distance. I intend to use my laptop for this purpose and then transfer the data to my desktop for CD burning.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#57376 - 08/12/02 02:38 PM Re: Say a liitle prayer......
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
[B]Hi Peter, I haven't had my copy of Techplus yet
++++++++++++++++

Hi Bill
I received my Techplus today & Alec explains just what happens with the headphone socket.His review is 7 pages in content & a real good read
I hope your copy arrives tomorrow

#57377 - 08/13/02 10:31 AM Re: Say a liitle prayer......
ogre Offline

Thanks Fellas,

Just one more thing. I bet Technics will still supply that stingy miserable wire music stand, so it will be back to DIY to extend it to take four pages....

Peter

#57378 - 08/13/02 10:56 AM Re: Say a liitle prayer......
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Talking about stands - I wonder if the KN7000 will fit on the KN6000 stand and fix firmly or are they supplying a stand as well?
BTW - Still no sign of my Techplus magazine.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online