SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#57321 - 03/12/03 01:54 PM MIDI PLAYBACK
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Would someone please help me with the answer as to why My R1,R2, and LH change as the midi files change in a medley e.g. .

I want to set up my 7000 with one setup and not have it change unless I change it. In the same vein, I would like to set up several combinations for use with different files, and store them in a bank or somewhere.

Thank you

Bernie

#57322 - 03/12/03 02:31 PM Re: MIDI PLAYBACK
Catsailor Offline

Bernie,

If you are using prerecorded midis from the internet, you will need to rearrange the tracks on the midi so tracks one and two handle the melody and track 3 handles the bass. If there is no melody for track 2, leave this track out of the midi so your tracks will run: 1,3,4,etc. This can be done with midi software. Then when you load the midi into the keyboard, just mute tracks one, two, and three. What is happening with the volume changes is that the midi tracks are being told what to do inside of the midi program. If you mute the tracks, the midi program will not control them. I hope this helps. If it's not clear, just post again.

Peter

PS. Midis from the internet come all messed up and need to be remixed before using on the keyboard.

#57323 - 03/13/03 03:18 AM Re: MIDI PLAYBACK
Bernie9 Offline

Hi Peter

Thank you for replying. Some midi's do this, some don't. I see what you are saying. but don't have the software (I don't think),nor the knowledge to manipulate tracks. However, I am willing to get into it.

If I know what software I need, I will get it.

Thanks again

Bernie
ps I bought "Midi Quest" some time ago, but it does not support Technics, but maybe it doesn't matter with midi.

#57324 - 03/13/03 07:46 AM Re: MIDI PLAYBACK
Catsailor Offline

Bernie,

When it comes to midi, it doesn't make any difference what midi software you use. Midis will work on any instrument that is midi compatible. I use digital orchestrator pro. Many people seem to like Cakewalk, but give your "midi quest" a try. It's not too difficult to learn and I'm sure this will work fine for you. I've been remixing midis for about 3 years and have done over 800 songs. I have a Technics KN6500. If you have any more questions, either post or email.

Peter

PS. When you load the midi file into the keyboard, select the gm --> nx conversion. This will change your midi instruments into Technics instruments for a much better sound and control.

#57325 - 03/13/03 08:35 AM Re: MIDI PLAYBACK
Bernie9 Offline

Thanks, Peter, I'll give it a go.
Bernie

#57326 - 03/13/03 11:43 AM Re: MIDI PLAYBACK
technicsplayer Offline

not exactly sure what you want but if you wish have R1, R2 and L stay your preferred instruments and different instruments to those in the midi files no matter what midi files play in medley:

you don't need any software or to edit anything in the midi files. Just go to midi menu, mode setting, and choose gm 2 with channels 1-16 = parts 1-16.

if you now direct play a medley of midi files R1, R2 and L are independent of all parts playing in the midi file and will play whatever instruments you choose, and will stay these instruments no matter what midis play in the medley.

#57327 - 03/13/03 12:57 PM Re: MIDI PLAYBACK
Bernie9 Offline

That is exactly what I meant. Thank you very much. Sorry I wasn't clearer, but that got it.

Bernie

#57328 - 03/13/03 02:43 PM Re: MIDI PLAYBACK
Catsailor Offline

Bernie,

Use the software and edit the midi files if you want decent midi backing tracks. If you don't care how they sound, then listen to technicsplayer.

Peter

#57329 - 03/13/03 04:58 PM Re: MIDI PLAYBACK
technicsplayer Offline

a strange statement, since if you actually read my post I never said that software and editing cannot improve midi files, I just said they could not provide a solution to the original problem, that's all.

#57330 - 03/14/03 03:46 AM Re: MIDI PLAYBACK
Bernie9 Offline

I realize that NX is superior, and ,by the way, I quess it is the default mode, as I had to switch it back to GM2 at bootup, but I have to give up something at my low level of expertise I quess.
After I changed some of the files back to GM2 from NX ,this solves the problem,I think.

What I envision is a bank of setups where I may have different Left,R1,and R2 instruments, and also other instruments pre-chosen.If I have a country song e.g., I want to go to #3, which has R1-Steel,R2-sax,etc., but if I want a piano, I want the right piano to be in place, since I don't have time to fiddle with it on the fly.

The problem is that nothing remains the same, and I never know what to expect.

As it is now, when I hit a bank number, the sequencer gets involved and changes the tempo to whatever is saved. I don't want to involve the sequencer except to have it play it's GM2 designated backing part, at least until I get more proficient at manipulating tracks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online