SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#57231 - 12/29/02 04:13 AM Technics KN7000 Vs Tyros
ANDREWHEARNE Offline

Loc: Peterborough, UK
Hello all, I'm new to the board.

I currently own a PSR 740 and Technics KN1500. Thinking about trading them both in for one of the latest models. Just wondering if I could have your views on which would be better to get.

Does the Tyros come with any recording software like the KN7000 - have been interested in this one since it comes with the SD Card - might be more useful.

Thanks

#57232 - 12/29/02 07:20 AM Re: Technics KN7000 Vs Tyros
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Andrew and welcome to the Synthzone Forum.
There have been many posts on the forum with reference to the relative merits of both Keyboards. If you have the time, I suggest you scan through the posts over the last few months. As to choice, it's really a personal decision but if you are hovering between Technics and Yamaha, the only way to decide is to audition them 'side by side' in a dealer's showroom.
I have the KN7000 and am very pleased with it - but I am a bit of a dyed in the wool Technics Nut, having had all the 'Flagships' since the KN800.
I don't think the Tyros comes with the equivalent of the KN7000 recording software - maybe someone else will confirm this. The SD card facility on the KN7000 is a really big plus, making the Hard disc totally redundant. Access time is just a few seconds and backing up the card content to PC is easy and fast, using the card adapter which comes as a free 'extra' with the Keyboard.
I believe the general opinion is that the KN7000 is a bit more user friendly than the Tyros but again, I suppose it depends on the user's past experience.
One other thing, I understand that the Tyros does not have a built in speaker system.
It may also be useful to you to do a search on the forum for posts by a member called Scottyee. He has posted some very informative comments re. Tyros/KN7000. Just use the Search facility at the top of the page and search under 'User Name'.
Initially, try the following links : http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/001151.html http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/001221.html
Hope this Helps ... Happy New Year.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#57233 - 12/29/02 07:33 AM Re: Technics KN7000 Vs Tyros
ANDREWHEARNE Offline

Loc: Peterborough, UK
Thanks - all I need to do now is find the money.

I found a very good deal on it earlier this weekend
http://www.churchills-music.co.uk/system/index.html - £1599.99 brand new

Is the foot switch the same one as used with the KN1500 or do I need to buy a another one? I hope my midi music will work on it

Many thanks again for your help and a happy new year to you too.

------------------
Andrew

#57234 - 12/29/02 03:59 PM Re: Technics KN7000 Vs Tyros
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Footswitch should be OK - I've used the same one with all my Technics KNs. Price is Good and your midi files should be OK too.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online