SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#56992 - 01/16/04 03:55 PM Re: Bill Gates thinks again.....
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I don't believe the pocket pc is in it's third generation. But then again what do you mean by a generation.

I know Alex wouldn't confuse a pocket PC with a palm pilot, correct?

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#56993 - 01/16/04 03:57 PM Re: Bill Gates thinks again.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Larry,

I am have two computers. 96SE and XP OS's. 98 is like an old shoe. Comfortable to wear and you hate to give it up. I use it with my 7000 for certain operations. I do not clutter it with many other programs. Only those that apply to the keyboard and find I can accomplish my tasks better than using the XP OS and comfortably (like the old shoe). Less hangups than the XP.

I do not know what the Pro XP is like but the Home version was directed to new computer users.
The first thing I did was change the windows to Classic and get away with all of the comics.

XP, I use for photography, the Internet and other publishing tasks.

Both operating systems have their good points, neither is perfect.....what is.

To each his own,

Fran in Florida

#56994 - 01/16/04 03:58 PM Re: Bill Gates thinks again.....
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Just for your information Larry, when I said I upgraded to XP it was a clean install I was well aware of the problems installing XP on top of 98SE.
Windows Media Player 9 works well on Windows 98 - I've been using it for some time now, including the WOW enhancments etc. OK, it doesn't play DVDs like the XP version, but I prefer to watch my DVDs on a TV set.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#56995 - 01/16/04 04:22 PM Re: Bill Gates thinks again.....
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
I don't believe the pocket pc is in it's third generation. But then again what do you mean by a generation.

I know Alex wouldn't confuse a pocket PC with a palm pilot, correct?

Larry Hawk

the next version of pocket pc but nothing to do with palm pilot, which will not be able to compete, portable media centre is a cut down windows xp media centre 2004 which will be licensed to creative, iriver, viewsonic and others to produce "revolutionary" handheld video player/recorders where other manufacturers are on their third generation of such devices.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online