SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#56947 - 12/30/05 04:18 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Hey Guys I am really showing my age. Could not understand why my message to Jim would not post...kept posting it...........forgot to look at page two.

Bob,

The Antony Rec Center sounds great if it were not for no security. I sure would not leave my 7000 over night and packing up every day is a pain.

#56948 - 12/30/05 04:54 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Jim Helwig Offline

Loc: Sebring, Florida, USA
I forgot to mention, the Quality Inn asked me when we'd require the conference room. I told her that I figured we'd need it on the afternoon of the 29, the 30, and up to the afternoon on the 31. If this is OK, let me know. I figured that people would be checking in on the 29th, so no need to have it in the morning. Converesly, people would be checking out on the 31, so no need to have it later than the afternoon. If you want me to change this let me know.

#56949 - 12/30/05 11:40 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Fran D Offline

Jim,

Some folks will be traveling from as far as Tn, I from SC and Bill and Rog from England.

We will check in on the 28th as we did at the last Jam. The folks that check in early will set up the room the morning of the 29th so it is ready to Jam.

I would suggest full day 29/30 and half day or check out time on the 31st.

Fran in SC

#56950 - 12/30/05 03:28 PM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Jim Helwig Offline

Here is what the Quality Inn sent back to me late today in an email.

They will offer a reduced group rate, the standard rate is $99.99, the reduced rate is $84.99

They normally rent 1/4 of the ballroom at $400.00 per day. They've offered it at a rate of $200.00 per day.

They do offer a very good "free" breakfast to all guests, and it consists of much more than donuts and coffee. So that's one expense that won't have to be paid.

I wasn't going to check with the Holiday Inn, however, I am going to and compare what they offer versus the Quality. Honestly, I think they could do a little better, especially regarding the ballroom.

#56951 - 12/30/05 04:19 PM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Jim Helwig Offline

Sorry to keep answering myself......
It's obvious that (at least at the Quality Inn) we won't get the conference area for free. However, I'm wondering if I gave them a counter-offer for $400 for the 2 days (29 and 30) and see if they'd give us the room for the partial day (the 30th) for nothing.
Before I do this, I need to know that if they accept this, we'll use the facility for the jam. So - what's the consensus? If I am able to get them to give us this concession, do we want to have it there??

#56952 - 12/30/05 06:03 PM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Harry B Offline

Loc: Port Richey, Florida
OK by me too!
Harry B

#56953 - 12/31/05 01:54 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
The money part doesn't bother me if we have good accommodations. The term "1/4 of the ballroom" makes me think of other activities going on in the other 3/4,patitioned off by a portable divider.I hope this image is erroneous.If we have any element of privacy,the next question would be; how big is 1/4 compared to Ladylake, and do we have to be quiet ? What are the approximate dimensions of Ladylake for comparison.

This has to be weighed against the Anthony site with a spacious rural setting,but 6 mi from town and no security(if it's available).

This leaves Ladylake and maybe Anthony

#56954 - 12/31/05 02:12 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I would like to add a positive note to the quality Inn by saying we stayed there, along with John C and Phylis. I found the class of motel superior to Microtel,and Sebring superior to Ladylake ,as far as choices and convenience of eating places,etc. We ate and danced at Jim's resturant in Sebring, and had a very nice time as Jim entertained us. John and I even got up and did a couple of numbers. This is a big plus for us Wednesday night if we choose Sebring.

#56955 - 12/31/05 03:48 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Jim Helwig Offline

Hey Bernie, You sort of read my mind, lol (it's a real "short story", lol). I've been in the ballroom area at the Quality. It's a very large room. I think you're right with the slide-able room divider thing. I'll email the Quality today with our counter-offer. I'm sort of jammed up today, I have to get the equipt. down to Lake Placid for a New Year's party I'm playing, but I'll get over to the Quality to see the approximate area we're talking about. Also, I'll ask her if there other things scheduled (might not be good if we have the National Association of Librarians next door, lol).

#56956 - 12/31/05 03:59 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Fran D Offline

Finding a suitable facility at a reasonable cost was the biggest problem Heather, Dan and I had last year. The price quoted ($200/day) is less than most we looked at.
If we can use the room all day and evening for two days, the 31st may not be necessary. If we can leave the equipment until the morning of the 31st with no charge it would be helpfull.

I agree with Bob Hendershot. Keep all possibles open.

Heather,

I have not heard from Lady Lake. If you still have the contact info, give Steve (?) a call.

Jack,

Is the Anthony facility available on the dates we have selected?

Thoughts:

1/4 of the Ballroom a Jam. Other part a business meeting. I am sure there would be a noise restriction.

Lady Lake asked for no playing after 6:00 PM. We did but not as loud.

Anthony has no security and no WiFi.

If we receive nothing better, $200 a day meeting room rental and a better facility sounds good to me.

Fran in SC

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online