SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#56937 - 12/28/05 10:08 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I just spoke with Jim Helwig and he is going to gather info on the above dates.At least we will be able to get an idea of which location is tenable.

#56938 - 12/29/05 05:21 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Jim Helwig Offline

Loc: Sebring, Florida, USA
I have begun to look into availability for the 29, 30, and 31. One thing that I'm finding out is that NO ONE is ever at their desk ("I'm sorry but I'm away from my desk, please leave your name, number and brief message at the beep"). Sometimes I wonder how they get anything done.....

#56939 - 12/29/05 06:06 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Hope Jack is still looking. I liked the place he found as well; maybe better.

#56940 - 12/29/05 07:00 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
The only thing about Lady Lake was size of the conference room and, the fact that you had to watch the noise level.

#56941 - 12/29/05 10:56 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I believe Jack was looking at a place in Anthony Florida, 6 miles north of Ocala which was much larger than the place we used at Lady Lake. Maybe Jack could elaborate. I have no strong preference. Just felt we should keep all options open.

I've been looking at Google Maps today to try to find the best driving route to Sebring from the north. It looks like Sebring is quite some distance from any interstate highway. Can one of you Florida members add some insight on the best route to that town?

[This message has been edited by Bob Hendershot (edited 12-29-2005).]

#56942 - 12/29/05 11:26 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Jim,

It appears the end of March dates are going to be the time of the Jam. Our next major hurdle is finding a facility. The sooner we find one the better. We need plenty of time to make room reservations.

Jack has a possible recreation center. The price is great however lodging would be several miles away and there is no security for the equipment.

I have e-mailed the Microtel in Lady Lake where we held the last one. I asked if we could get the same arrangement. If we had to pay the $100 a day rental, it would only be $10 to $15 per person. As soon as I hear I will post.

Fran in SC

#56943 - 12/29/05 11:40 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Fran D Offline

Jim,

The last week in March appears to be the date of the Jam. Our next hurtle is the Jam facility. We need to act fast so jammers have plenty of time to make room reservations.

Jack has a rec center near Ocala as a possible. Price is right but there are drawbacks. Lodging is several miles away and there is no security at night.

I have e-mailed the Microtel in Lady Lake that we used last year, asking for the same deal we had. If we had to pay for the meeting room it would only be $10 to $15 per person. (This is dependant on the attendance). When I receive a reply I will post it.

I would like to get this settled by the first week in January.

Fran in SC

#56944 - 12/29/05 11:55 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Fran D Offline

Jim,

The last week in March looks like the date of the Jam. Our next hurtle is finding a meeting room. We should find one as soon as possible so travel plans and room reservations can be made.

Jack has a rec center near Ocala, Fl that we could possibly use. The price is very cheap but it has some drawbacks. Lodging is several miles away and there is no security at night or when we break for food.

Microtel, Lady Lake, Fl that we used last year worked well for 30 people. I e-mailed and asked if they would offer the same deal.
If we had to pay the $100 a day meeting room rental in would cost $10 to $15 per person.

As soon as I receive a reply, I will post.

I think we should try and wrap this up by the first week of the new year.

Fran in SC

#56945 - 12/29/05 11:53 PM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Jim Helwig Offline

Loc: Sebring, Florida, USA
Two things:
1. For those coming down to Sebring (possibly) it's in the exact center (east/west) of the State. Find Route 27 on a map, and head South. Route 27 is a major 4 lane highway.

2. I was able to speak with someone at the Quality Inn. Room availability for that time period is not a problem. The conference manager said that she would check on a group discount room rate, as well as the conference rooms. I indicated that you had obtained the conference room (last year) for no charge if there would be a minimum room reservation guarantee. She suggested "conference tables" and chairs, as opposed to dining tables. I'm sure there may be other amenities that we may want, but I didn't get into that yet. She also asked if everyone was going to "do their own thing" regarding meals. I indicated that I figured that everyone would do that, and in all liklihood, use the Quality Inn facility quite a bit. I'll be hearing back from her within a day or so. She also indicated that she would set up a reservation master file, with a "keyword" to be used by those making reservations so that we'd receive "credit" for the reservations required.
I've left 4 messages at the Holiday Inn. I finally received a phone call very late today. I'll try to contact them tomorrow (Friday, Dec. 30).
Since I didn't attend last year, was there anything specifically that you found was needed but not included? I'll attempt to clear those sort of things up in advance if I know what the issues were.

#56946 - 12/30/05 04:06 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Fran D Offline

Jim,

The last week in March looks like the date of the Jam. Our next hurtle is finding a meeting room. We should find one as soon as possible so travel plans and room reservations can be made.

Jack has a rec center near Ocala, Fl that we could possibly use. The price is very cheap but it has some drawbacks. Lodging is several miles away and there is no security at night or when we break for food.

Microtel, Lady Lake, Fl that we used last year worked well for 30 people. I e-mailed and asked if they would offer the same deal.
If we had to pay the $100 a day meeting room rental in would cost $10 to $15 per person.

As soon as I receive a reply, I will post.

I think we should try and wrap this up by the first week of the new year.

Fran in SC

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online