SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#56907 - 12/21/05 02:43 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Great;Harry

I think the numbers now warrant an investigation, as to facilities,costs etc. I forgot the dates of last year's Jam but,I presume we should shoot for spring when the motel rates are lower.

Incidentally, Jim has a friend that has a shuttle service for the benefit of our air travelers that would come into Orlando.

Anneliese and I would be glad to help Jim and Claire as hosts,as we are about two hours away.

I think that we should look at all other suggestions as to location,duration, or anything else to aid the planning process.

We had such a grand time last year. Let's hear from the rest of the gang.

Bernie

#56908 - 12/21/05 05:01 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Bernie,

I found a hard copy of last years attendance. I will e-mail them asking for their input and whether they will attend and respond to this thread.

I am looking in my area for a facility, however it is a small town and long way from airport (2 1/2 hrs). Have a feeler out in the Myrtle Beach area. Hopefully Jim can find a room in Sebring.

From the replies in this thread, we have 1/3 of those that attended last year. It is early but I would guess 35 to 40 would be the number to attend.

I will assist in any way needed.

Fran in SC

#56909 - 12/21/05 06:05 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Jim Helwig Offline

Loc: Sebring, Florida, USA
Hi All, Jim Helwig here....sorry I don't get in as much as I'd like. I would happily check availability of facilities here in Sebring for the Jam #2. 2 venues come to mind right away, we have a large "Quality Inn" as well as a new "Holiday Inn Express". I'm sure that some sort of package arrangement could be done similar to what you had last year. In addition, I have a friend who operates a shuttle service and could be gotten to get folks to and from the airport. If I twist his arm enough, I think I can get him to give us a lower rate, lol. The only suggestion I might have is that those flying in use Orlando airport (the Tampa airport is a nightmare to get in and out of).
I would propose that those flying in attempt to work their reservations around the arrival time of our British attendees. As soon as they know their arrival time, others flying in could attempt to make reservations to coincide as closely as possible. That way, Mel (my shuttle buddy) can minimize the number of trips to and from the airport.
Let me know if there is a consensus of opinion as to whether I should proceed further.
For those that don't know about Sebring, it's a quaint Florida town, quite a bit of history to it. Orange groves all over, lol. It's located about an hour and a half South-West of Orlando. Shopping is available for the ladies, both downtown and at a Mall.
There are a number of fine restaurants available, and if the Jam happens to fall on a Wednesday night, those that wish can come to the restaurant that I play at for a nice dinner and some KN7000 entertainment.
Let me know if you want me to proceed....
Jim Helwig

#56910 - 12/21/05 06:31 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Fran D Offline

Jim,

I for one say proceed. As I have said, finding a room at a reasonable price was our biggest obstacle last year. $300 and up a day was the norm. Sebring is a good location. If you or others cannot find a location, we can always go back to Lady Lake motel we used last year. They will probably have the same rates.

Jamming on the weekend excluded many pros. Jamming during the week excluded some of those that work. Rooms are easier to come by during the week.

Fran in SC

#56911 - 12/21/05 07:50 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Dan Hanson Offline

Loc: Sumterville, Fl. USA
I'll be there if at all possible

------------------
Dan

#56912 - 12/21/05 08:26 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Jim Helwig Offline

Loc: Sebring, Florida, USA
Hi Fran (and all), OK, what I'll do is to send out some preliminary "feelers" at both the Quality Inn and the Holiday Inn Express. Suggestions regarding a possible time frame would be welcomed (April? May?). I'm assuming that a week-day, Monday through Friday rate would be the least expensive, so I'll check on a Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday itinerary. If things were wrapped up earlier in the day on thursday, those flying out would have to time to get to the airport and not have to fly on a Friday, which is usually busier.
Usually, the larger Hotel/Motel chains have managers etc. that coordinate events like this, so getting some kind of package pricing shouldn't be difficult. I'll let you know how I make out and post info. as I receive it. Jim H.

#56913 - 12/21/05 09:39 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Fran D Offline

Gary Vredenburg will attend the Jam.

Fran in SC

#56914 - 12/21/05 10:14 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Heather wrote me that she was coming. Good point,Fran,that we probably can fall back on Lady Lake if need be.

#56915 - 12/21/05 10:45 AM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi All,
Yes, Cindy and I would most likely attend for some of the time.

If you plan to use Lady Lake you would need to start soon. Last year we booked the place in August for April and they already had most of those weeks book for Easter and Biker weeks.

I don't know when these weeks are in 2006 but you can't wait too long.

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

#56916 - 12/21/05 12:29 PM Re: EAST COAST JAM #2 ??
Fran D Offline

Good point Heather. If Jim cannot find something in Sebring and we do not hear from anyone else on a room, I suggest we look into Lady Lake.

Lady Lake had a clean hotel and suitable room at a reasonable contract.

Why don't we set a date away from Easter and Bike week. Will make it easier for those trying to find a contract.

Heather, could you contact the manager at Microtel to see if we could get the same contract we had last year?

Fran in SC

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online