SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56894 - 12/29/05 03:12 AM KN2000 user needs help.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi everybody. I have just registerd to this forum in order to get an answer to my question. Well it is in fact the question of my older brother. He has an KN2000 keyboard for some years allready and just did play it and nothing else. I am a yamaha psr2000 user myself. Now my brother got knonw with the possibility to get styles from the internet or elsewhere and store them in your keyboard. With the yamaha psr keyboard this is very simpel. So I offered him my help to do the same on his kn2000...and oops...i does not work. What we do is gather styles from the internet and store them on a floppy disk. However, as soon as we put this in the keyboard it tels us that the information we try to store is not for this type of instrument...
How can? What is it we do wrong?
Can anyone help us out and descripe us exactly the steps we have to take in order to get new styles into the kn2000?
My brother will be very gratefull.
Thanks you and best whishes to you all.
Ad Mulder
Netherlands

------------------

#56895 - 12/29/05 03:37 AM Re: KN2000 user needs help.
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
and there you have it, Ad
With Yamaha machines a .sty file works in most of them and styles are readily interchangeable. Not quite so straight forward with Technics keyboards...
Technics keyboards are backwards compatible e.g. a newer model will accept style files from older models, but never the other way round...not without some work doing on it.
Try Gunnar Jonny's site at: http://home.c2i.net/gjgotaas/
for some Kn2000 style files.

#56896 - 12/29/05 04:14 AM Re: KN2000 user needs help.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for you rapid answer.
I will try Gunnar's site or perhaps
drop him a mail.
By the..way..nice site of your's. I see
you are a pretty experienced player.
Have fun and best whishes.
Bye.
Ad

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
and there you have it, Ad
With Yamaha machines a .sty file works in most of them and styles are readily interchangeable. Not quite so straight forward with Technics keyboards...
Technics keyboards are backwards compatible e.g. a newer model will accept style files from older models, but never the other way round...not without some work doing on it.
Try Gunnar Jonny's site at: http://home.c2i.net/gjgotaas/
for some Kn2000 style files.

------------------

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online