SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56726 - 03/23/03 05:03 AM making a midi from a style
zeerog Offline

Loc: bredene / wvl / belgium
Hello,

I have a problem. I want to make a midifile from a style (organist) to convert it later to yamaha format. I have tried to use the sequencer but like my manual is in german and i haven't recieve my kn 7000 book it dosent work. Is there someone who can give me a step by step instruction how to do this, please? Or a link where i can find the info? Althoug i playing organ and keyboard for more than 25 years i am new to this stuff. Thank you very mutch

Roger ;-)

#56727 - 03/23/03 05:20 AM Re: making a midi from a style
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Roger,
I have a step by step procedure 'how to convert from APC to SMF K7' on my homepage (see profile, button Synthzone-KN7000). In this case you can only record intro, variations or .. and cut the phrases you want. Maybe that it helpful,
Regards Cees.

Quote:
Originally posted by zeerog:
Hello,

I have a problem. I want to make a midifile from a style (organist) to convert it later to yamaha format. I have tried to use the sequencer but like my manual is in german and i haven't recieve my kn 7000 book it dosent work. Is there someone who can give me a step by step instruction how to do this, please? Or a link where i can find the info? Althoug i playing organ and keyboard for more than 25 years i am new to this stuff. Thank you very mutch

Roger ;-)

#56728 - 03/23/03 11:34 AM Re: making a midi from a style
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Roger,
the effort may not be worth the result.

I tried it a few months ago.

I turned the style into a cmaj7 midi file so that i could use it on my psr pro ( I'm pretty sure that's the suggested chord type psr's use, though I think if using either of the midi to style programs, you can also do it as a cmaj chord).

I found a couple of major problems.

1. I couldn't find similar organ voices on the psr pro.
2. Even though I had used a cmaj7 chord, there were notes other than cegb on a few of the tracks. Apparently the kn7 can process tensions in it's styles, ie I found a's & d's.
My PSR Pro couldn't handle these notes on the 2 normal chord tracks & the pad track. Might have been able to do something with the 2 phrase tracks.
I gave up in the end, for me it wasn't worth the effort.

Be interested on how you go, just in case I did something wrong. You might have more luck with a Tyros than I did with the Pro.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#56729 - 03/23/03 02:26 PM Re: making a midi from a style
technicsplayer Offline

tyros is the same, limitations in the backing programming that are not there with the Technics.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online