SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56693 - 02/12/05 10:04 PM Sound Explore
dpeisic Offline

Loc: San Deigo, Ca, USA
Concerning the sound explore menu at the kn7000, what does it mean the numbering in the parentheses.

For example String Duo [32,6]-43]

What do these numbers indicate?

At the custom panel mode screen:

What is the difference between the panel memory selection and the all panel selection?

When selecting all panel, which exact panel do I select beside the panel memory?

V/r
Doron Doron

#56694 - 02/13/05 12:03 AM Re: Sound Explore
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Doron,

The numbering in sound explorer gives the MIDI patch number for the particular sound. In your example of String Duo, MSB=32, LSB=6 and Patch No.=43. This is required when you wish to select sounds on the keyboard from an external MIDI controller.

The Custom Panel Mode screen refers to the manner in which the Custom Panel Button is used to select keyboard parameters. In Panel Memory Mode it selects only those parameters normally associated with a panel memory location. All Panel Mode sets up the complete keyboard including parameters which are not normally actioned via panel memory selection e.g. Music Style Arranger, and Intros.
The Custom Panel button is associated with its own unique Panel Memory which is saved in the same manner as other panel memories (press and hold Set and simultaneously press the Custom Panel button). Note that this will wipe the factory custom panel setting.

Cheers
Len C.

#56695 - 02/13/05 08:36 AM Re: Sound Explore
dpeisic Offline

I got it! Thanks very much.

So when selecting Sound from an external controller, Will I only see the MSB, LSB and the patch number rather than seeing the name of the sound in the midi external controller?

Which kind of external Controller can I use and what additional features can it provide?

v/r
Doron Peisic

#56696 - 02/13/05 08:49 AM Re: Sound Explore
technicsplayer Offline

all panel brings back all functions equivalent to current panel load.

#56697 - 02/17/05 07:48 PM Re: Sound Explore
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Thanks Alec for the correction - straight to the point.

Doron, I use a controller keyboard as a second manual on the KN7000 together with a MIDI pedalboard and MIDI Merge unit to provide a complete organ. Whilst it is possible I don't select patches from the controller keyboard as it is much quicker and easier to do it directly on the 7000. To select patches from my controller keyboard you need to enter in sequence MSB, LSB and patch no. info. It does not recognise or display patch names.
I have used the patch numbers to create a patch file for the sequencer on my computer (Power Tracks Pro) to facilitate editing of MIDI files. In this application Patch names, MSB, LSB and Patch No. info can all be displayed.

Cheers
Len C.

#56698 - 02/17/05 09:43 PM Re: Sound Explore
dpeisic Offline

Thanks all. I got it.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online