SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#56574 - 10/24/03 12:25 AM v1.6 Operating System Update-KN7000
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Oh dear dear, have I discovered a bug? Or is there some setting that I don't know about?
Problem, I play a sequence, in particular the latest from Larry Gosmeyer (which are very enjoyable), but after it finishes I have no sound. All controls work but no sound. Play a sequence but stop part the way through. Press Sequencer Reset to start from the beginning again. No sound but the Measure indicator shows it is stepping through the song!
Not experienced this before, but I did use the v1.6 upgrade. However can anybody shed any light on this problem?
I regain sound by switching off, then on again.
Rikki, similar problem we were discussing after loading an SMF file into Sequencer. Probably connected.
Keith

#56575 - 10/24/03 12:39 AM Re: v1.6 Operating System Update-KN7000
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Keith,
which tune? I've still got 1.5 in my kn7 , so I'll check if I end up with the same problem.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by KeithB:
Oh dear dear, have I discovered a bug? Or is there some setting that I don't know about?
Problem, I play a sequence, in particular the latest from Larry Gosmeyer (which are very enjoyable), but after it finishes I have no sound. All controls work but no sound. Play a sequence but stop part the way through. Press Sequencer Reset to start from the beginning again. No sound but the Measure indicator shows it is stepping through the song!
Not experienced this before, but I did use the v1.6 upgrade. However can anybody shed any light on this problem?
I regain sound by switching off, then on again.
Rikki, similar problem we were discussing after loading an SMF file into Sequencer. Probably connected.
Keith

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#56576 - 10/24/03 01:08 AM Re: v1.6 Operating System Update-KN7000
KeithB Offline

Rikki
KN7 3 in 1 Vol 11 :"Days of Wine & Roses", "Bits of Rachmaninoff", "Movement No. 1", all of them have the same effect. Careful also, they leave your Split Point at C1 - wondered why my chord recognition wasn't working! I did do a RESET, but it didn't solve the problem.
Regards
Keith

#56577 - 10/24/03 06:59 AM Re: v1.6 Operating System Update-KN7000
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Hi Keith,

Make sure that your expression pedal (volume) is not turned all the way off. I will download those songs again and see if my keyboard has the same problem.

Larry

#56578 - 10/24/03 07:33 AM Re: v1.6 Operating System Update-KN7000
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Keith,
After playing an SMF or a Track by track sequenced song, the keyboard is apt to be left in some abnormal (not like when first turned on) state.
The most simple way to get back on track is to push "Custom Panel" which will do a reset to the default, or to your own custom panel (if you have set up a customized panel. This will restore your split point, your APC mode,your panel mode, ETC.
Regards,
Walt

#56579 - 10/24/03 03:18 PM Re: v1.6 Operating System Update-KN7000
KeithB Offline

Walt, thanks but though it restored all my custom settings it didn't restore the sound. It gets curiouser and curiouser! If I play the sequence "Satin Doll" (apologies can't recall where I got it from) no problems. I have play along voices and sound is still there after sequence finishes. So it must be something to do with the particular sequence?
Regards
Keith

#56580 - 10/24/03 03:28 PM Re: v1.6 Operating System Update-KN7000
KeithB Offline

Ran Cees Schenks sequence "Amapola" -no sound problem. Therefore it has to be somthing in a particular sequence that takes out the sound. Any Technics technical people out there?
Keith

#56581 - 10/24/03 04:26 PM Re: v1.6 Operating System Update-KN7000
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Keith,

I downloaded the song group from my site and it causes no problem on my KN7. You might want to try to download it again along with another group and see if the problem still exists.

Another possibility is if you did some changing of my original sequence and had you foot on the volume pedal all the way down to zero volume while working on track 5 (Ctr) you would set the sound to zero level.

Does this problem occur on any of your other sequenced songs?

Larry

#56582 - 10/24/03 07:30 PM Re: v1.6 Operating System Update-KN7000
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Keith,
Do you have right hand voices, or is the whole keyboard silent? When I try it, I have right hand voices sounding but no APC until I move the split point up from C1. Then all works as it should on my KN7000. I'm using Version 1.5 - very curious.
Are you using an expression pedal? If so, have you tried unplugging it? I had weird changes in volume after playing a sequenced song. Thought that it was a bug in the OS. The problem went away after I unplugged the pedal. Even though that fixed it, I still believe the problem exists because of a programming glitch in the OS.
Regards,
Walt

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 10-24-2003).]

#56583 - 10/24/03 08:07 PM Re: v1.6 Operating System Update-KN7000
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Keith,
couldn't duplicate your problem till I plugged in an expression peddle and accidently pressed it to epression full volume down.

Sorry can't help.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online