Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#56552 - 10/11/03 05:22 AM Re: QUANTIZE
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Ted,
this comany has a demo you can dowload for free and try before you buy.
http://www.notation.com/studymusic.htm

best wishes
Rikki
p.s. you have to convert your kn sequence into a midifile first using the apc to smf function ( sequencer section of your kn7) Don't forget to save it as a kn sequence, before you convert it to midifile, converting can't be undone..

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 10-10-2003).]

Rikki!

Many thanks for the info and link. I will be checking it out pronto, and it may be just what I was looking for! Happy keyboarding!!!!

Best personal regards,

Ted

#56553 - 10/13/03 11:52 AM Re: QUANTIZE
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
no really easy way, I'm afraid, without erasing the notes afterwards because you've used technichord set to conductor. Another reason I always recommend Part 4 for technichord, even if you don't want a third melody voice, is the harmony notes record there and leave Right 1 and Right 2 with clean melody and counter melody lines.

Can a "lead sheet" be printed if recorded without using technichord and then saving the melody line as a MIDI file?????

#56554 - 10/13/03 12:32 PM Re: QUANTIZE
technicsplayer Offline

sure, that's the easiest way as long as you note down or know the chords.
Saving your easy recording as midi will not save the accompaniment anyway, but you aren't interested in that, just the melody line for lead sheet. I would quantise hard and don't use the pitchbend or modulation wheels or volume pedal.

Load the midi into your computer sequencer program and select channel 1, which R1 should have been on. Most programs have a chord input function which consists of just typing C, Am, Dm7 etc and, for example using the space bar to jump to the next measure point requiring a chord change. You can even play the original recording in the 7k at the same time at a very slow tempo and write the chords in the program as they come up in the screen, complete with the correct measure numbers.

When finished save, then look at the print preview page and see how it pans out. You can usually play around with the sizes of how many measures you want across the stave, and whether you fit it all on one A4 page or go for big fonts etc and spread it across two or more pages.

#56555 - 10/13/03 12:39 PM Re: QUANTIZE
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Hi Ted,
The answer is yes.
You can print out the melody as a lead sheet even if technichord is used, PROVIDING, you put your desired technichord voice in part four and then select part four instead of Conductor, Right 1, Right 2, or Left.
Using part four for the techichord voice has other advantages, as pointed out some time ago by Alec, in that you now have complete control over the techichord voice such as volume level, and all of the other sound editing features of the keyboard. All independant of the main melody voices.
This opens up a whole new realm of sound possibilities such as a SOP Saxaphone playing duet with Marimba, ETC. Of course you can have a different voice and voice edit for each panel memory position as they are all saved in panel memory. This gives almost unlimited tonal possibilities.
Once you start playing around with this feature, I think that you will use it all of the time.
I have started doing this as a matter of routine even if I just want to use the R1 or
R2 voice for technichord because it gives such versatility and can be edited at any time at a later date.
Regards,
Walt

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 10-13-2003).]

#56556 - 10/13/03 04:10 PM Re: QUANTIZE
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Can anyone recommend a computer sequencer program to perform the above functions ? (Free would be nice)

For midi print purposes, all we need to quantise is Track 1, correct ? And what did technicsplayer mean by "I would quantise hard" ?

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#56557 - 10/13/03 11:34 PM Re: QUANTIZE
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Larry,
check out the midi notate program ( the link is on my reply to Ted) unfortunately it's not free, but at least you can try before deciding whether or not it's worth purchasing.

It's not actually a sequencer, it's main function is printing music from midifiles.

You may find free sequencers on the net( just do a search in google), but a lot of the time , cheap sequencers don't have great scoring facilities or no score at all.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#56558 - 10/14/03 06:16 AM Re: QUANTIZE
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Larry, as an alternative to the midi notate look at http://proaudiomusic.com/PG%20music/power_tracks.htm

the notation package will not be as comprehensive as midi notate but ok for lead sheets, but it can do much more including digital audio and cd burning. A lot of bang for 25 bucks, download the demo from pgmusic.com and try it out.

yes, quantise your melody track, usually R1. Hard quantise just means 100%, ie set your quantise value to the shortest note in the tune consumerate with keeping any passing notes or riffs you may want in the score. As well as not using controllers you could switch off after touch in menu/overall touch sensitivity. This will give score conversion requiring the minimum editing to look good on the page.

#56559 - 10/14/03 02:35 PM Re: QUANTIZE
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Wow Alec ,
thank you for the link. Can't beleive some of the prices of the software. Pg Music themselves appears to be far more expensive than this site for the same product ( and they're the developers).
I'm pretty sure I know where I'll be getting my next upgrade from, for my Band in a Box & Power Tracks sequencer.

I noticed they also appear to have the prior version Power Tracks Pro Audio Vers.7 on the site @ $14-99. Wondering if Vers 7 & 8 would be that much different if it was only going to be used for printing?

best wishes
Rikki

Actually, they may have demo's for both versions, didn't think to look.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#56560 - 10/14/03 04:13 PM Re: QUANTIZE
technicsplayer Offline

noooo... don't buy direct from pg you're welcome, Rikki.

I don't really use power tracks much nowadays but tend to have a copy handy since used it years ago and like the big piano display for quick tune learning.
8 does have enhanced notation with the ability to do multiple staves, not necessary for lead sheet, but a good feature for future work for the Few Dollars More...cue Clint theme with wah wah guitar! The main thing worth having in 8 is the chord calculation from midi files.

#56561 - 10/16/03 01:50 AM Re: QUANTIZE
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Hi,
I also would like to print a leadsheat fromt my easyrecord songs. Read the comment from technisplayer
Quote:
sure, that's the easiest way as long as you note down or know the chords.
Saving your easy recording as midi will not save the accompaniment anyway, but you aren't interested in that, just the melody line for lead sheet[/B]

I try to do this with the apc to smf convert item.
But the next page give me track1->r1->°->apc/pad with apc/pad default is off.
When I want to convert track1 R1 (melody) I have to make changes in the apc/pad colum. But there I only can chose between drum or accomp1 etc. but not melody. And you had to do this otherwise the button with convert on it doesn't work.

So do I something wrong or is there a differnt way for making a miditrack from the melody played in R1 with easyrecord.

rgds.
Willem

[This message has been edited by waterschip (edited 10-16-2003).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online