SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56338 - 09/17/03 03:31 AM kn7000 sounds from kn5000 sequences
desertrain97 Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA 18020
My first sleepless night with the kn7000!!dont get me wrong the keyboard is easy to use and I love it but all of the sound choices!! Anyway my question is this, Most all of my sequences started with midi files which were altered and savesd as technics files on the kn5000 (initially I did not load as "GM to technics" as I found that velocity loss was to great on certain sounds) I notice this option is gone in the Kn 7000. At any rate, when I load a song sequenced from the kn 5000, all of the sounds come over as "general midi" sounds (which I would expect)My question is this, is there an easier way than going into each track via step record and "upgrading" the sound to a better kn 7000 sound for each track of my sequences? I read a little about conversion style disks but I think they are just for composer sections...Thanks MJG

------------------

#56339 - 09/17/03 06:57 PM Re: kn7000 sounds from kn5000 sequences
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
conversion style disks are for styles only.
I'm a bit confused though, are you saying you saved your files as kn5000 sequences but with gm sounds ?

bet wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#56340 - 09/18/03 04:49 AM Re: kn7000 sounds from kn5000 sequences
desertrain97 Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA 18020
Thanks, i kind of figured they were for styles only...the whole kn 5000 load/save was confusing for me as well...basically what I did was load a midi file, made changes to the sequences (arrangements and sounds) and then saved as a technics file. The draw back to this in the kn5000 environment was that I did not have access to all of the kn sounds (even though I saved as a technics file). The only was to get all of the sounds of the kn 5000 was to initially load the midi file as "GM to technics" but as I indicated before, much of the velocity was lost in the translation. At any rate, when I load my kn 5000 sequences into the kn7000, I now have access to ALL sounds........thats great news to me as again, the kn5000 locked out most of the sounds due to the way I loaded and saved....my original question was "is there software or a procedure out there that can automatically "map" the old GM1 sounds to the upgraded sounds available in the kn 7000? After looking at the extended manual, I think I'm "SOL" and will have to re-assign sounds manually track by track. Its OK though, I'm enjoying exploring all of the sound choices...just wish there was a faster way. Thanks again for responding..

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online