SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56319 - 03/17/05 04:41 AM Welcome to the Technics Keyboard
John Barr Offline

Loc: Colchester,Essex,England
I have had this collection of Organ tracks on my SD Card for longer than I can remember, I think it was Bebop who first mentioned them, there are 17 tracks, starting with Showtime-Organ Pop-Organ Ballad-Organ Bossa, Etc. I now find that something has gone wrong with the tracks,when the Panel Memorys change, so do the tempo's, it sounds horrifick,I am hoping that someone can tell me where to go to get a fresh copy/download. Thank You.

#56320 - 03/17/05 01:19 PM Re: Welcome to the Technics Keyboard
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya John
Before you 'blame' the collection on your SD Card - check your panel memory settings by holding down the 'Set' button...
Rog

#56321 - 03/17/05 03:39 PM Re: Welcome to the Technics Keyboard
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi John,

I'd like to add to Rog's reply as follows:-

Holding down the SET button will bring up the NORMAL/EXPAND MODE. (You may need to press the Display Hold button at this stage). Go to Page 2 (EXPAND MODE FILTER) -here you can turn on or off any of the shown features. If you turn off the Tempo, the PM's tempo will stay as you set them, likewise anything else you choose to change. I work with the Tempo, Split Point, Pads and Foot Controller permanently 'Off'
simply because when our keyboard members play my keyboard it allows them to use their own SDs or Floppy without altering my settings. Once you get used to using this feature, you'll appreciate its value.

Hope this helps.

Aud (U.K.)

#56322 - 03/18/05 01:51 AM Re: Welcome to the Technics Keyboard
RMepstead Offline

Thanks Aud - I was in a bit of a hurry yesterday - our friend might also like to check whether he is in Normal or Expand mode cos that will affect what happens when he changes panel memory too...
So John in summary there's probably nowt wrong with the rhythm data, only with your keyboard panel memory settings...
Let us know what you discover...
Rog

#56323 - 03/18/05 01:57 AM Re: Welcome to the Technics Keyboard
RMepstead Offline

Do you know - it's fascinating - I run a club in Wiltshire with KeyboardCapers designed to help owners of keyboards with just this sort of thing - meets fortnightly - and never yet have I seen a member get out a pencil and a piece of paper and make notes, yet they keep on asking the same old questions month in month out, bless 'em...
Aah, all those years of learning and training in how to 'manage information' cos that's what school was really about wasn't it...
Rog

#56324 - 03/18/05 04:11 AM Re: Welcome to the Technics Keyboard
John Barr Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by John Barr:
I have had this collection of Organ tracks on my SD Card for longer than I can remember, I think it was Bebop who first mentioned them, there are 17 tracks, starting with Showtime-Organ Pop-Organ Ballad-Organ Bossa, Etc. I now find that something has gone wrong with the tracks,when the Panel Memorys change, so do the tempo's, it sounds horrifick,I am hoping that someone can tell me where to go to get a fresh copy/download. Thank You.

Hi Audrey and Roger, Thank you very much, you were both right, I will in future remember this, I can only say that at 77 years young I am getting more of these senior moments, again Thanks Again. Johnny Barr.

#56325 - 03/18/05 07:31 AM Re: Welcome to the Technics Keyboard
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by John Barr:
Hi Audrey and Roger, Thank you very much, you were both right, I will in future remember this, I can only say that at 77 years young I am getting more of these senior moments, again Thanks Again. Johnny Barr.

Johnny, you WILL NOT REMEMBER it any more then I DO as we are about the same age.
Write the info into notebook program in your computer. Save it as a data text file into your computer in a folder that you named KN7000 INFO I DON"T REMEMBER
My wife has finally convinced me to do that a couple of years ago and guess what. As usual she was right. It helps the CRS problem (CRS = can't remember s--t
HOPE THIS HELPS
Bebop

#56326 - 03/18/05 08:15 AM Re: Welcome to the Technics Keyboard
John Barr Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Johnny, you WILL NOT REMEMBER it any more then I DO as we are about the same age.
Write the info into notebook program in your computer. Save it as a data text file into your computer in a folder that you named KN7000 INFO I DON"T REMEMBER
My wife has finally convinced me to do that a couple of years ago and guess what. As usual she was right. It helps the CRS problem (CRS = can't remember s--t
HOPE THIS HELPS
Bebop

Hi Bill,a long time since we spoke, I hope you and the family are doing well,I have done as you suggested, Thank U All. Johnny.

#56327 - 03/20/05 12:43 AM Re: Welcome to the Technics Keyboard
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:

Hey guys don't sweat over it. I have similar moments and I am still 50. It is only human to have these memory lapses at any age. I only hope I am as sharp as you both are when I am 70+. And learning a modern piece of electronics technology like an arranger keyboard is no mean feat. There are many features, menus and submenus to remember. And like BEBOP says sometimes making some reminder notes is a very smart thing to do.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 03-20-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online