SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56133 - 11/05/05 05:58 PM Midi files to Technics Files and More Continued
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
October 20, 05 I posted ?midi files to Technics and more?
I did not continue because the next subject would have been working with styles in the Composer. Technics has given us a fantastic tool to work with, it is the heart of your sequence.
So--- Midi file to Technics Midi file, then I assign a Control track, Chord track and a Rhythm track ? now I get to select a drum style to go with my original sequence. Now the Composer. Here is where you can make the big difference.

I received few replies to the post in October, was it difficult?
Boring? Did everyone know all about it? Was there no interest? I need a reson to write/post.

John C.

#56134 - 11/05/05 08:12 PM Re: Midi files to Technics Files and More Continued
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
John,
Please continue. Maybe there are a lot of others like me. Fascinated to learn and do more with our keyboards, but for family and business reasons just do not have the time to actually go and do it now. I copied your instructions to a Word document and have kept them for reference for when I really have the time avaiable.
I would be delighted to receive more information, but from the notes above I will not be in a position to immediately react and ask questions. That will have to be another day.
Thanks for your work and sharing.
Keith

#56135 - 11/06/05 03:23 AM Re: Midi files to Technics Files and More Continued
katrina Offline

Loc: Colchester, UK
John,

Have been checking in twice daily to see if you are posting on this. Does this answer your question ?!

But I too wont have the time (perhaps till Christmas) to really get into the Composer - the suspence is killing me ! I too would like to save, print and read your thorough instructions through lots of times in the meantime, until that magical moment when I actually have the time to do it properly. Up to then it will be a dabble here and a dabble there in the odd half hour if I'm lucky. (This Time Thing in life can be very frustrating - but then perhaps we all enjoy things all the more for having to wait for them ??) So please go ahead.

#56136 - 11/06/05 03:39 AM Re: Midi files to Technics Files and More Continued
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi John,
thanks for the initiative to motivate us KN700-owners, to discover the great possibilities of this keyboard.
As a support to your (and hopefully other) efforts allow me to point out that I have some tutors/information on KESO, which maybe helpfull to continu this 'discovery'.
You (and other interested) could find it under 'Tips&Tricks' and chapter E2/E3 and K1.
Working with midi etc. gives great results compared to working out a song/style out of 'nothing'. It is less timeconsuming.
Don't know if it fits on what you intend, but I wouldn't withdraw this information.
Regards,
Cees

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 11-06-2005).]

#56137 - 11/06/05 04:52 AM Re: Midi files to Technics Files and More Continued
UkTexan Offline

Loc: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
Please carry on with your tutorial. I have always been a bit wary of what is "under the hood" on the KN7000 as I found it hard to understand the implications of what you can do with this great keyboard from the original manual. I like your approach to writing out each step and giving a helping hand and suggestions as to what, and how to change the original midi. I check this site frequently and am probably among the many who look but do not post often, but be assured that you are making a valuable contribution to the KN7000 owners keyboard knowledge. I am eagerly awaiting the next installment.
Carol

#56138 - 11/06/05 05:37 AM Re: Midi files to Technics Files and More Continued
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
There are also some tutorials on my website :
http://mysite.freeserve.com/willumspages/index.html Go to the 'TechTips' Page.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#56139 - 11/06/05 06:04 AM Re: Midi files to Technics Files and More Continued
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi John - Please do continue - anything you can do to explain in detail how something is done is greatly appreciated by me and as you can see by others.

Like others have said in this thread, time restraints sometimes mean that we cannot always do things at the time but be assured they are printed off and filed for future reference.

Excellent job you are doing as is Cees and Willum, and last but by no means least "technics player" for his fantastic technical expertise and knowledge......Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 11-06-2005).]

#56140 - 11/06/05 07:20 AM Re: Midi files to Technics Files and More Continued
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Every morning & every evening I visit this forum. Always there is new information available that is very helpful.

Please, all of you who are willing to share your knowledge in step by step instructions.... you are a gift to those of us who struggle to accomplish even very simple things with these AWESOME machines.

THANK YOU!

ELIZABETH

#56141 - 11/06/05 02:33 PM Re: Midi files to Technics Files and More Continued
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I'll second that Elizabeth. The knowledge I have gained from this Forum is priceless.

My thanks to all those who make it possible.

Aud (U.K.)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online