Technology is a wonderful thing and no one will deny this. Where would we be today if it were not for the technology that went into making the fine keyboards we play and create on? I'm sure there will be a few ideas incorporated into the Tyros 2 that aren't in the KNs but are they that important, is the question. There are so many features put in the last several generations of the KNs that allow us to play and compose any style of music.

Bebop and your gung ho followers of gotta have the latest bells and whistle's technology, what are you looking for that isn't already in the keyboard that you have? There is nothing wrong with wanting the latest technology and a new keyboard but let me make it clear, members are not comparing a Model A Ford to a 2005 Mercedes. What is at stake is all the joy of file sharing and creativity and enjoyment of playing on the KNs and none of this can be used in the Tyros 2. If it were possible and you were buying a KN8000, I believe you would have total support on "being the first" on the list of buyers. To accept "technology" of having a keyboard with outboard speakers placed on top of it doesn't sound like good thinking. Have you decided how you are going to cover your new latest gadget with these "ears" sticking up and in the way? How about that woofer that is going to remind you that it is there every time you kick your foot into it?

Alan, it is not so much the case of "jealousy" or the forum being "bitchy" but about attitude of Bebop saying, "Wake up people the world is changing every day. Few people are driving Model T Fords today" - "It doesn't mean squat what other people think about your motivations. Let them squirm in their own little ruts," - "Maybe I'll sell these Technics keyboards as parts. I'll start a technics keyboard wrecking yard and sell slightly used parts to all the die hards" It is this attitude that makes people on the forum come to their defenses.