SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56098 - 04/23/05 11:35 AM WMA and MP3 recordings from the 7000
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello again, all my SynthZone friends!

Another query to my computer/keyboard experts here: Is there any way to Easy Record a song on the 7000, save it to a floppy disk in Technics format, and then take that floppy to a computer and convert and save it in a new WMA and/or MP3 form, without that computer being attached to the keyboard? Or is the only way to send the the Easy Record recording by cable to a computer that is attached to the keyboard?

Thanks for any information either here on the Forum or directly to me via e-mail.

Cheers to you all from

Ted

#56099 - 04/23/05 12:13 PM Re: WMA and MP3 recordings from the 7000
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Ted,
Check Technics Audio Record Software.

Cheers Barry

#56100 - 04/23/05 12:24 PM Re: WMA and MP3 recordings from the 7000
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hello,

By far the easiest way to do it is connecting the KN7000 via the USB Cable to the PC, download the great freeware tool Audacity (search on the name in google) Audacity is one of the best freeware tools I know on audio editing. It is better than the simple tool that came on CD with the KN7000.

Regards, Fred
http://www.vision-4-life.net

#56101 - 04/23/05 02:23 PM Re: WMA and MP3 recordings from the 7000
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Hi,

Thanks for the Audacity Link.
A fabulous tool I agree.
But for the novice its too daunting.
The technics tool "Hit record and thats it".
Good for those who dont want to get involved
in menu software
Cheers Barry

#56102 - 04/23/05 04:13 PM Re: WMA and MP3 recordings from the 7000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Ted,

Your contribution to the "Jaybird Production", did not go unnoticed. Great colladoration.

Fran in Florida

#56103 - 04/23/05 05:23 PM Re: WMA and MP3 recordings from the 7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ted,

The files produced by the KN7000 sequencer, are purely a set of digital instructions, to the sound generating circuits and controllers of the instrument and as such, do not contain any Audio information - similar to a MIDI file in this respect. So it is not possible to carry out a 'conversion' by just transferring the KN7000 files to a PC via floppy disc.

WMA and MP3 files are actual digital representations of the Audio produced from a keyboard, radio, LP, tape etc. so you need an Audio source to produce these files.

So to achieve your aim, the only way is to play the file on the keyboard and capture the Audio either via the USB link, to your PC, or from the Line Outputs of the keyboard to the Line Inputs of your PC sound card. On the KN7000, the preferred method is of course via USB.

You could use the supplied Panasonic Audio Recorder but it is very basic and as such, has it's limitations. It does not produce very good quality MP3 or WMA files - in my opinion they are over compressed and it does not allow any degree of editing. I think Fred's suggestion of using 'Audacity' is a better solution and it is not very difficult to get to grips with the program.
You can download Audacity here : http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ and full documentation and tutorials are available here : http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/documentation

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#56104 - 04/23/05 09:10 PM Re: WMA and MP3 recordings from the 7000
Ted Rose Offline

To all of you who took the time to answer:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You folks on the SynthZone are special indeed, and I am so happy to be able to count you among my dearest friends, even though we have never met in person. I can always depend on you for answers to questions that puzzle me.

Ted

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 04-23-2005).]

#56105 - 04/25/05 05:20 AM Re: WMA and MP3 recordings from the 7000
Ted Rose Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
Hi Ted,

Your contribution to the "Jaybird Production", did not go unnoticed. Great colladoration.

Fran in Florida

I didn't know I had a fan club. Thank you for the kind words, Fran! It is indeed my pleasure to be a Jaybirds collaborator. Please encourage others to view and use the Jaybirds link on the Keso site. I'm sure you will enjoy using it as much as we, the jaybirds, enjoy working on it!

More to come:

Ted

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online