SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#5605 - 03/14/03 06:29 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

800dv you own 25 Moog synthesizers and yet you say you don’t like them? That makes no sense. You know you could make a lot of money selling those things like on Ebay. I am sure there would be quite a few people including myself who would buy them. I paid $350.00 for my Minimoog, which is on its way but is tied up somewhere in shipping in the Mail. Mainly because it is rather heavy and with registered mail someone has to be there to sign for it has it goes from post office to post office.

Softmachine, sorry don’t mean to judge it’s not even in my nature to do that. But I do apologies for doing so. Your right I will be more positive when I post in here. It’s just that I do not see a lot of people post in the Moog category well except for my two posts. I just thought people were only posting in the general section. I am glad to see other moog fans here on this BBS. I know there are others especially on the Moog World website. http://www.moogworld.com plus my own web site as well. But from now on my posts will be more positive. BTW: What Moog related stuff do you own Softmachine?

Granted the Minimoog voyager is a little too pricey for most people, though there are some people out there who will buy them. I mean people are buying those Moogerfooger stomp boxes. I really wish Moog would make a more affordable Moog synth. Maybe they could, remake the Multimoog, or even, the Micromoog.

#5606 - 03/14/03 08:50 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
It's not that I hate them . Or even dislike them . I will not buy anymore if that makes you feel better . I bought them from 1983 to 1994 . I can't stand sample playback machines and other keyboards with no realtime controls . In the 80s , I didn't have much of a choice . I bought other analog synthesizers too . Roland , Korg , Yamaha , Crumar , Siel , Sequential Circuits , Jen , Teisco , Multivox , Arp , Oberhiem , Serge , Paia , to a total of 77 synthesizers . I never payed close to $1000 for any of them . I keep them to use and to collect . Programmable memory is cheap , Midi is cheap , analog circuitry is cheap . There is no excuse for the MiniMoog Voyager to be $3500 . There is only one reason , he is overcharging for the name ONLY . It's physically bigger than the original , maybe that's it .

#5607 - 03/14/03 08:56 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
800dv Offline

Paul , when was you're Moog mailed ? Because of the size and price to mail , Objects like that are delivered in 3 days , 7 days at a maximum . Did you get a tracking number ? Usually something like that is sent UPS or Fedex , the USPS has a size limit .

#5608 - 03/14/03 10:35 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually it makes no difference to me whether or not you like them one way or the other, it just sounded like you hated them. It’s like a person owning a car they don’t like. But thank you for clearing that up.

In answer to your question it was mailed on February 12th and this is now March 14th. Also it is coming form Israel. The gentleman I bought it from said sending it through the mail was the cheapest for him too send it. Cost $150.00 for Airmail to the United States. He told me UPS and FED EX would have been more expensive. Unfortunately I have no tracking number for it just a registration number (RR number). I asked him about a tracking number, and he told me that their Post office has no way to do tracking of mail. But yet Israel can afford the Internet? That makes no sense. I want to our Main Branch Post office ware all the packages mailed through the USPS come into Frederick Maryland. They had no record in their system as to where it was. I was also informed that Registered mail takes longer because each time it goes through a Post office or loaded onto a truck or plane someone has to be there to sign for it. Plus there is also the tie up in Customs, and the through scanning to make sure it is safe. Plus all of the heightened security with this impending war with IRAQ. It’s taking longer then expected, instead of fourteen business days it’s more like four weeks. The Post office said to wait for thirty days before filing a claim for locating lost or delayed mail. So I will wait until the 28th and then go back and see what is happening. Obviously the post office was able to ship the Minimoog for him. I have shipped a Roland JX-305 through the US Mail.

#5609 - 03/15/03 06:53 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, Okay! I promise no more negative postings on the BBS I promise! Sorry I just have a tendency to become discouraged, or even frustrated with certain things, and have a tendency to let that bothers me. But since most everyone on here is positive and upbeat in helping me out an answering my questions, this does make me feel a whole lot better. Although waiting for my Minimoog to arrive from Israel is driving me crazy. I really wish I knew why it is taking this long for it too get here. I can’t track it since I don’t have a tracking number for it. Only the RR number (registered mail number), and I have tried using it on the USPS website but it tells me their is no record of it in their system. But that’s if I put the RR in front of the number. Now if I put the number in without the RR it says tracking has not been purchased for this item. And I have been waiting for this thin since February and it is now March. I am giving it till the 28th and then I will go back to the post office to see if they might know where it is and why the hold up.

Oh the other thing that gets me is the prices for Moog synthesizers being so high. 800dv was right, in that people want a Moog because of the Name. I wonder how many of these people who buy them actually use them or just collect one to have it and not use it. I bought a Minimoog mainly to play with, because I love hardware that enables you to interact with it. Try doing that with a DX7.

#5610 - 03/15/03 09:55 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Soft Machine Offline

(in reply to my post)

Humm..
let me rephrase what I said

I didn't want to make it sound Paul actually said something bad. Really.

I was just under the impression he assumed people here havent already gone through most of synthesizers history, as many are pretty old enough to know what voltage controlled synths are.Having either owned or played on "analog" machines.

It's not because people post about modern technology that they dont have a clue about what was done before

Sorry if It sounded as if I was trying to shut him up. Paul never said any S*** to anyone here.

sincerely

#5611 - 03/15/03 11:19 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you softmachine, I really do appericate what you said. I really can't say anything bad to anyone about anything here. If I did I think Nigle would have kicked me out of here.

I think what it was, was that I was just confused, that was all. Maybe I am just trying top keep the past alive.

#5612 - 03/15/03 11:23 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just in case anyone was interested the 61 after my name is not the year I was born. I was born in 1971. I really don't know why I put 61 after my name, the only reason was that I had owned a couple Korg Poly-61's. This is just to avoid any confusion.

#5613 - 03/15/03 09:05 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
800dv Offline

I bought a Jen sx-2000 from Europe , it took about 30 days total . I talked to a friend of mine and he said that when ever you ship something , there is always a tracking number , no matter where it's coming from . I don't mean to scare you , but that don't sound right to me . If it's a letter , that's one thing . A package always has a tracking number . Perhaps you should ask the guy you bought it from for the receipt number and date , he should have that .

#5614 - 03/16/03 05:26 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

umm ok thanks 800dv.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online